Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple

1981 Raleigh Record Ace. 22.5 inch. My Eroica bike. Took me round the 100 mile Eroica course this year and didn't miss a beat.
I completely rebuilt her prior to this years ride. New Headset, Bottom Bracket, cables, stem, cassette, chain and wheelset. The front wheel was a NOS US built Aviner with a Deore hub (cost £50) and the rear was a new Weinnman rim with a quando hub (only a cheapy but bullet proof). The bars have had cinelli gel pads put under the bar tape.
She is Reynolds 531 throughout and back in the day was a top quality machine. She has a really cool drilled chainset and she rides so well.
I'll include the original wheelset, some one sided SPDs (with new chrome cages so you can 'cheat' at Eroica) and s set of shimano 600 downtube shifters. (Nothing wrong with the shifters on there but I really liked the look of these cost £30)
Bad bits- brake hoods could probably do with replacing, small dink on top tube
The frame does have a lot of marks but she wasn't bad enough to lose the original decals and have her resprayed. Please don't expect a new bike, she is 37 years old. However, she rides like a dream and is fully Eroica ready. Will happily send any pics
Would prefer collection but will courier if you arrange or would deliver locally.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Or near offer

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

£150

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:49 pm 

Hi could you send me some Pictures please? If you could send some of the road ace as well that would be great.