50's (or earlier) E F Russ

fiverjiver

Retro Newbie
I'll be selling this one of the two bikes handed down to me, it doesn't fit. So I can do up the one that does.
Purchased second hand in the early 50's and used up until about ten years ago as a tourer.
The frame is 231/2" centre to centre seat tube and 22 1/2" centre to centre top tube.
It has matching numbers on the bb shell and behind the fork crown.
It has been accident damaged, then repaired and resprayed in the 70's. the downtube was bent in a pot hole incident! there is a slight bulge still, but the repair was carried out by a builder.
I'm not sure it's Reynolds, I don't know but it looks more 'handmade' than frames I've seen before. And the lugs look hand cut?
There are two oilers on the head tube, and two on the bottom bracket. it has a brazed on hanger. Mudguard eyes front and back, and two tabs on the seat stays that look like the older style eyes, I guess for a rack. Downtube pump mounts at a strange angle on the seat tube. Two! fork lamp bosses!! and tabs behind the brakes like I've never seen before.
The components I assume span a few decades.
Williams chainset, Brooks Champion B17 Narrow saddle with a Brooks clamp and nice dome topped seat post.
GB Speedy MK3 brakes, one blue cap is missing. Cyclo gear lever.
The rest is I think 70/80's but I cant age the bars.
I'm looking for £400 if that sounds right.

Back