NOW SOLD *Reduced £900* 1987 Grandis 1st Gen Chorus, SSC

Fifthgrace

Retro Guru
Grandis SL (Super Leggera) frame and fork (Columbus SL steel): panto to headtube. rear stays and brake bridge, headtube chromed lugs and rear stays, single set of water bosses. Dropouts are unusual in that they are Brev Grandis (made in house). Original metallic blue paint.

Frame dimensions: 55cm ctc seat tube, 54.5cm ctc top tube. Head tube 14cm. Stand over height 79cm

1987 Full Chorus 1st Gen Groupset incl headset, bottom bracket, brake levers, calipers (F&R), front and rear derailleur, chainset, dustcaps and pedals (incl Campagnolo toe clips and Campagnolo white leather pedal straps and fsteners), Chorus Aero seatpost.

A special feature is the C Record Syncro 1 down tube shifters: these work very accurately on this bike and were Campagnolo's first index shifting system. You can also disengage for friction-only shifting by clicking the outer lever 45 degrees, but there's no need!

Wheels: very desirable Mavic SSC Blue rims on C Record hubs, Campagnolo QR's. Wheels recently trued by Rourke Cycles. New Tufo Tubular 22mm tyres. 6 speed freewheel.

Bottom bracket was stripped down and re-greased. All mechanicals work as they should. Cosmetic condition is excellent with the odd small paint chip on frame (retouched). Chrome fork and lugs are shiny with no rust or pitting.

This is as good a groupset condition you will find for a used bike and all original. A rare and absolutely stunning bike that deserves to be ridden at L' Eroica.

3ttt stem and 3tt Super Leggero handlebars wrapped in white perforated leather-effect tape.

New white Selle San Marco Regal saddle with copper rivets.

£950 + UK posted at cost*

Local collection possible Jn16 M6 (Cash on collection). I will consider posting, but buyer pays Paypal fees and the bike must be *posted fully insured and signed for.

Attachments

• GrandisA1.JPG
    GrandisA1.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 2,066
  • GrandisB1.JPG
    GrandisB1.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 2,065
  • P1080504 (1) a.JPG
    P1080504 (1) a.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,064
  • P1080506 (1) a.JPG
    P1080506 (1) a.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 2,064
  • P1080501 1a.JPG
    P1080501 1a.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • P1080505 (1) a.JPG
    P1080505 (1) a.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,063
Re: SWAP for TREK DOMANE also considered

I'm also up for a swap for a TREK Domane 5 Series or above, or something in Titanium (WHYG?) in a 55/56 ctc size? Can do bike+cash etc either way.

Re: *Reduced £900* 1987 Grandis 1st Gen Chorus, Mavic SSC

Hey, I love Grandis - great builder. if it doesn't sell on ebay for £900 and you would be willing to take the same as you would if it had ie - 10% fees etc let me know.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grandis-SL-b ... Swl5VbFG6s

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks for your interest. Actually it's listed on a no fees basis as a special seller's listing offer, hence why it's the same price here. If you're serious, you can make an offer through whichever you wish, but listing ends tomorrow afternoon. I'm more flexible with someone willing to collect of course..... :D

Back