Dave Yates Wanderer - High spec - 56cm

fossala

Retro Guru
In my house my wife makes me have a one in one out policy on bikes. I'm putting this up as I'm not too keen on "boring" bikes and prefer riding something different (trikes, Moultons, fat bikes, tandems). This will only be on sale here for until tomorrow afternoon as ebay has a £1 max listing fee tomorrow so it would make sense to list it on there, I would prefer it to go to someone on here though.

Dave Yates Wanderer fillet brazed frame. It's compact so the effective top tube is 56cm and the seat tube is 52cm CTT. It fits me well and I'm 5ft 10. I bought it as a bike late last year but it turned up not in good condition. The paint was largely fine but the components where very poor with the wrong size wheels. I tried to rectify this will the seller but he disappeared from the forum :shock: I decided to strip it back to the frame and build it up with mostly new components to a high spec.

Dave Yates Reynolds 525 frame and fork, very good condition with just a few chips in the paint
Dynamo wheelset - SP PV8 front/XT rear on A319 rims also have an unused XT/A319 front
Vittoria Hyper voyager 38mm tyres (nice and comfy)
SKS Mudguards
Polished silver FSA triple chainset 50/40/30
Microshift Silver rear derailleur (same model as SunXCD)
Shimano triple front
9 Speed Dura ace down tube shifters
9 speed 11-36 cassette (new 200 miles ago as it replaced a 11/30 that I can also include)
991 sram chain (again replaced 200 miles ago)
Kalloy seatpost 27.2
Kalloy stem 105mm
Compass Randonneur handlebars 42cm, very light and comfortable Cost £125
Paul mini-moto front and Paul cantilever rear, these are the best rim brakes I have used and easy to adjust and setup Cost £240
Shimano non-aero brake levers (unlike the rest of the components this has some scratches)
Saddle will be something out my saddle bin
Headset is a Cane creek 40

Extras:
Front and rear stainless steel Tubus racks
IQ-X 100lux dynamo light
Silver HPX zefal frame pump

No pedals included.

The price is £600+postage, I figure I could split it and get a fair bit more but a lot of effort was put into picking the parts and building it (I love building bikes even though I always end up out of pocket). The frame new costs £1300 and the parts add up to over another £1000 so relative bargain if it fits you/your riding.

MiT3bAr.jpg

KRLo5F3.jpg

CIA5tOs.jpg

jnbtfhs.jpg

v4f2kzH.jpg

QjNUPVh.jpg

I'd try this on LFGSS too (not when it's listed elsewhere, that is frowned upon) as I can see it being right up someone's street there.

Rod_Saetan":mb24wv0l said:
I'd try this on LFGSS too (not when it's listed elsewhere, that is frowned upon) as I can see it being right up someone's street there.
As I said in the post if it doesn't sell on here (or CTC/YACF) by tomorrow afternoon it will be going on ebay. It's a shame to sell but I've never got over the bitterness from getting ripped off by the original owner.

Looking at the parts on it and the condition of the whole thing, 600 quid is an absolute bargain! I have one of these, and they are absolutely brilliant for fully loaded touring (and not quite so loading touring too!)

foz":3aznmh8r said:
Looking at the parts on it and the condition of the whole thing, 600 quid is an absolute bargain! I have one of these, and they are absolutely brilliant for fully loaded touring (and not quite so loading touring too!)
Yeah, I'm starting to think I listed it too low. Anyway, it can stay at this price for a day or so then I'll strip it and put the parts on ebay while they have a £1 listing thing on.

Re:

That's nice, I'm sorely tempted but I can't buy anything else until I've made some space by selling something.

One out - one in type of thing

Would be a shame for it to be stripped so hope you get a buyer, that said if it is going to be stripped I could well be interested in the Paul brakes.

Back