Bianchi 101 Pantani Limited Edition 1998

I agree with JSH: without a bike having very rare components or a specific rider/race history it's difficult to break that £1500 ceiling for a used bike, let alone £2k. Lot's of people try asking, few achieve. Special Editions are also a little tricky in my book: limited numbers yes, but sometimes more driven by the commercials: take a look at the latest triple diamond encrusted retro SLX steel Battaglin Stephen Roche celebration frame http://officinabattaglin.com/roche/ (POA)!

Thanks to all of you for your help and time. Very useful opinions.

On the other hand I have a large collection of MERLIN Titanium, do you think they are well valued?.

Have a good ride !.

micbook":2gqz8osp said:
Thanks to all of you for your help and time. Very useful opinions.

On the other hand I have a large collection of MERLIN Titanium, do you think they are well valued?.

Have a good ride !.

Merlin = quality!

I don't think what he is asking is unreasonable.

Record 9s with the alloy levers are very hard to find.
The Mercatone Uno frame with the correct graphics - hard to find.
101 models - hard to find.
That saddle in good condition, extremely hard to find.
Three vintage bike dealers sold similar bikes in the last year or so for £5k+ and this year is the anniversary of his giro tour double.

sethpistol":1xhxo2yj said:
I don't think what he is asking is unreasonable.

Record 9s with the alloy levers are very hard to find.
The Mercatone Uno frame with the correct graphics - hard to find.
101 models - hard to find.
That saddle in good condition, extremely hard to find.
Three vintage bike dealers sold similar bikes in the last year or so for £5k+ and this year is the anniversary of his giro tour double.

Hard to find doesn’t mean “in demand”.

Come on... alloy frames were hardly the industry’s finest hour!

These and all Mega Pro Bianchi frames ride great! - just because they are alloy doesn't mean they are bad.

Back