Ribble 631 steel campag Daytona scirroco wheels

kenster

Retro Guru
So I decided to keep my genesis datum and have instead decided to try to sell my ribble which I was going to use as winter trainer. I bought the bike originally off here but sourced the groupset and wheels off here. The groupset has been barely used and is in great shape and I'm guessing a triple is becoming a rarer thing these days. New record 9 speed chain fitted runs really well. Wheels are not showing any rim wear and spin freely. The slight fly in the ointment is when I bought the bike it had a bar rap on the off side (see pics) only minor. However whilst getting the gearing done at my lbs they managed to put a dent in the top tube I the drive side. I have never bothered to repair it as didn't see the need but understand it affects the cosmetics. If keeping I would probably fill and paint it. I have ridden it for a while and it has never chained and I believe will have no affect on the integrity of the frame. The bike rides lovely and ideally I'd like to keep her but needs must.
Campag triple groupset Daytona 9 speed
53/39/30 170mm arms.
Seat tube ctc 54.5cm. Ctt 58.5cm to the very top edge more like 58cm.
Top tube ctc 54.5cm
Head tube 13.5cm (metal without headset)
With headset 16cm (7cm steered length above headset)
Centaur bb
Campag scirroco wheels in great shape
Cinneli seat past free and moveable.
Charge saddle
Deda data and stem 90mm and 42 bars ctc
I'll remove the pedals from the bike. Ideally local inspection and collection but could post if desperate but prefer not to.
This is a lovely bike to ride I'll be sad to see her go but it'll run for many many years yet. Thanks Jon
Given the group being a triple and wheels I'm asking £345 pics below
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n0avn3hgzed1 ... Kk0da?dl=0

Re:

Thanks rich it is a great looking bike shame about the top tube but a great little used groupset and wheels. The groupset becoming harder to find now thanks Jon

I wouldn't be worried about tube dings, my bikes have those scars!
Am building a triple next. Got a mixed Centaur / Chorus gruppo, Khamsin's, Cinelli cockpit, onto a Geoff Smith (pretty certain a Paul Kowel 531, who also apparently build loads for Ribble) frameset. Needs a re-paint, am saving up now.
If I didn't have this, would be up for your Ribble to replace my current Dawes commuter...
cheers
Richard

Re: Ribble 631 steel campag Daytona scirrroco wheels

I can always reduce it a bit for you ;). I was interested testing it up challacombe hill 25% 1.6km long out of woolacombe. Interestingly back to back days up there one on the carbon the other on this I was quicker on the steel. Not my best time though by a long way though can't claim it's quicker on the best days and when I'm feeling good. Interesting trying the lower triple gears though. I'm currently building a condor 853 I bought off here but the top tube is longer than I thought and would of looked.

Challacombe Hill? If my memory of climbs (on foot, by the by) on the North Devon / Cornish coast are anything to go by, that's got my utmost respect. That's some steepness there. Up East in the Chilterns here would have you laughing!
Waaaaayyy envious of a Condor build, much niceness. I wish I had the spare cash but wouldn't insult you with an offer. Finding it hard enough to save for a frame repaint :(

Back