653 Raleigh 22.5" - California

lakesroadsheep

Dirt Disciple
I realize that the audience on this website is mainly UK but I do see a few USA posters so just in case anyone in California is looking for a nice Raleigh 653 Race bike. Looking for $300 USD.

The bike was my race bike up until 1998 and has been barely used since. I won a few races on this bike with its last win in 1998 at a criterium in Fremont. The frame was repaired under warranty about 25 years ago by Raleigh when a crack appeared on the non drive side chain stay (a common problem at the time).

Condition is pretty much as you would expect for a bike nearly 30 years old. Quite a few minor scratches but nothing major. I think it is good for the price. Rides lovely.

For this price it isnt really worth shipping so looking for a local pickup

Frame: Reynolds 653
Brakes : Shimano 600
Chainset : Shimano Sante - Got rid of horrible Bio Pace Rings
Rear Mech : Shimano 600
Front Mech : Dura Ace
Seatpost: Campagnolo
Saddle : Flite Titanium
Bars/Stem : Cinelli 65, Cineli 1R
Rims : Mavic Open 4 CD
Hubs : Mavic
Freewheel : Dura Ace
Pedals : Shimano SPD SL or Crank Brothers up to the buyer which you would prefer.

653_6.jpg

653_7.jpg

653_5.jpg

653_4.jpg

653_3.jpg

653_2.jpg

https://retirement944.wordpress.com/

Thanks for teasing all us "Limeys" with your lovely bike :)
I'm sure you know this would have been snapped up instantly if you were over here.

Noticing the tabs on the top of the seat stays has me wondering if this is a SBDU bike ?
Could you please tease us some more with the frame number.

Re:

In case anyone would like to use to use this bike for an Eroica event I will throw in a Brand New unused set of older style brake levers.
levers.jpg

lakesroadsheep":1q76sqnj said:
I had a darn stroke not long after posting this and have been away for quite a while. Dropped price to $300 OBO

If you weren't £200 away in shipping fees I'd have taken this as it's a great price.

Good luck with the recovery

Beautiful bike! I've a lifelong friend currently living in San Diego. I'm gonna tell him to spread the word about this!

Back