Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:02 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Haha, don't worry :).

Bump, still for sale.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:52 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 12527
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
anidel wrote:
Whatever you do, if you do something, DO NOT cut the frame :)


Why not, out of interest?

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 469
Location: Twickenham
Mike Muz 67 wrote:
anidel wrote:
Whatever you do, if you do something, DO NOT cut the frame :)


Why not, out of interest?

Mike


These frames were built for an expander seatpost. True they are hard to find and at times expensive, but they look so nice on these frames.

Cutting the seattube to allow a normal seatpost in (using a collar to tighten), would just ruin the frame and its value.
I have got two frames with the cut and I can't wait to get a complete untouched one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:46 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Get mine, LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 469
Location: Twickenham
Too big mate :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:50 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 12527
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
anidel wrote:
Mike Muz 67 wrote:
anidel wrote:
Whatever you do, if you do something, DO NOT cut the frame :)


Why not, out of interest?

Mike


These frames were built for an expander seatpost. True they are hard to find and at times expensive, but they look so nice on these frames.

Cutting the seattube to allow a normal seatpost in (using a collar to tighten), would just ruin the frame and its value.
I have got two frames with the cut and I can't wait to get a complete untouched one.


If it ruins it, why did you do it a second time?

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 469
Location: Twickenham
Quote:
If it ruins it, why did you do it a second time?

Mike


didn't even dare put a scratch on my frames!
I din't cut them, I bought them like these :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 12527
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
So if they're ruined, why did you buy a second one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 469
Location: Twickenham
Mike Muz 67 wrote:
So if they're ruined, why did you buy a second one?


If you're trying to make fun, it won't work. I'll reply to this last one.
I got them as they are great frames and don't usually come around cheap (cut, remember) and my size.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group