63.5cm Barron 531 •••••NOW £50•••••sold

lockedmyselfout

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres a nice old Baron 531 audax/touring type machine, not an overly well known name but generally a well regarded builder from sunny lincolnshire. 531 frame and fork, Reynolds lugs and dropouts, inc rack and mudguard mounts. There's some curious little braze ons behind the head tune and under the top tube, I can only guess that they are for dynamo wiring but I may be barking up the wrong tree! Head tube extends above the top tube for an uber sedate position.
I'm trying to find my scribblings re the frame size but from memory the seat tube is 63.5 centre to top, top tube is 61.5 and the head tube is 22.5. ''Tis a bike for the taller gentleman!
Parts are random fairly basic bits n bobs, 6 speed Suntour bar end shifters, strongight headset, stem looks like a cinelli to my eyes but has no logos, cinelli bar, shimano cantilevers and a load of other non flash nik nacks! Paint is scruffy but generally sound. I did a bit of a bike swapsie today and ended up with this, I've not fettled it in any way, it all seems fine though (in an olde Bikey kind of way!)
£99 Ono collected
•••••NOW £50•••••
Thanks
D
••••••••••Sold••••••••••

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,565
  • bl1.jpg
    bl1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,518
  • bl2.jpg
    bl2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,518
  • bl3.jpg
    bl3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,519
  • bl4.jpg
    bl4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,518
  • bl5.jpg
    bl5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,518
  • bl6.jpg
    bl6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,519
Re: 63.5cm Barron 531 •••••NOW £50•••••

Hi D looking at the pictures of the seat post it looks as if it may be fractured, is it stuck in the frame? Thanks Bill.

Re: Barron

Hi Dan, the bike arrived safe and well before 10:00 this morning, thanks for the care you've taken packing it and APC overnight look like a safe pair of hands.
I read in another post on here that Barry Barron didn't put serial numbers on his frames but the names of the buyer and true to form this has a name and post code which tie up with the current voters register on the BB. I'm minded to send the gent a letter asking for a bit of history but wondered did you know anything? Thanks for passing this bike on everything about it says well cared for quality and can hold its head up parked next to my Mercians. Again many thanks Bill

Back