SOLD Nigel Dean Tour Master, SunTour Mavic 3TTT Dia Compe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
for sale, my Nigel Dean Tour Master in immaculate pearlescant white.
59.5cm c-c, 56.5cm c-c top tube, I'm 5ft 11/32" IL and it's an easy fit for me. rear OLN is 130mm so you Now Sold

Dia Compe Grand Compe brake levers are in great shape, have a few minor scratches on the levers but had NOS hoods fitted in the summer and the brake cable adjusters are NOS too so work perfectly.
Suntour XCD cantilever brakes work well to bring the bike to a stop, the rears are the Self Energising variant, alloy pad holders and pads that are barely worn in. New inner and outer cables plus new Dia-Compe centre pull cable stop with adjuster and QR mechanism fitted on the fork steerer.

Bars are 3TTT Super Competizione 42.5cm c-c (measured at the centre point at brake clamps) with new high quality bar tape, stem is a lovely condition 120mm 3TTT.
Hatta Vesta Headset is in very nice condition, no issues with the chrome and nice and smooth.

The original Suntour XCD were fitted when bought but were a little untidy so I found some lightly used Suntour XC pro cranks this winter and fitted them with as new FSA 48/36 rings (less than 50 miles on the pair between them) plus a new Sugino 26T steel inner so it has better gearing (IMO) than the powerflo rings on the XCD. it does however require 5 bolt spacers to sit between the 26 ring that I hadn't got around to accquiring.
Bottom bracket is lovely and smooth Shimano sealed bearing unit - I haven't pulled it so not sure which model exactly but it has the steel cups unlike the cheaper variants with plastic.
Pedals are KKT with christophe clips and some red leather straps, some tarnishing/chrome depletion on the clips

Similarly to the chainset I've accquired a NOS Suntour XCE front mech, the original XCD mech is still in situ but the chrome is flaky, functions perfectly well though, if you want the new XCE it'll be £15 extra (what I paid for it) I was also going to replace the XCD rear derailleur which also whilst perfectly functional is flaky cosmetically but baulked at the £50 to get one (here if you were interested http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2041736620 ) so was just going to use a shimano LX or Xt from the same period.

Wheels are a nice pair of 36 hole Mavic module 3 CD rims on Suntour XCD hubs mated with stainless steel single butted spokes, the front rim has wear and the anodising is gone but brakes just fine and runs pretty true (couple of minor wobbles less than a mm), the rear has hardly being touched so most of the anodising is present and runs true. Suntour 13-28 7 speed freewheel in very good order.
Tyres are 28mm whitewall Continental 'Super Sport' though obviously a little old they hold up just fine, don't show too much sign of aging on the sidewalls and are lightly used tread wise. Should be able to fit a 35mm in the front and a 40+mm at the rear with mudguards.

The previous owner mishmashed a chain together and tbh I didn't notice that they'd cobbled a section of chain from another manufacturer to get the length until the winter but I'm including a brand new shimano HG40 chain in any case to fit at your leisure.

Saddle is a good condition San Marco Rolls with a graze either side at the rear quarter but nothing bad, this sits atop a fluted Gipiemme seatpost.
Also included is a Jim Blackburn rear and JB low rider front rack (front not pictured)
so, you need 5 bolt spacers for the inner ring to sort and that's it.

Would like £425ono, collect Letchworth Garden City, potentially could post but would be around £25-£30 including full insurance,

32343309804_6a029c36cd_c.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: FS:Nigel Dean Tour Master, SunTour Mavic 3TTT Dia Compe 59.5

thank you for compliments.

Re:

> Ah yes, me and Nigel spent a summer together riding the Hampshire lanes to the sound of exploding tyres, but sadly his owner had been making plans for him and he was gone..Hogsnort-Rupert (Holdsworth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back