Peugeot Columbus, Campag, Mavic

Holmzy23

Retro Newbie
Peugeot St Bernard circa 1991 24" 60cm Frame

Its in fantastic condition for its age, cranks date to 1991 as well as the CAD Frame.

The bike has had a new San Selle Marco Concor Saddle put in place of the original Selle Italia Turbo (Black).

There is a original chain that comes with the bike which is a Regina 7 speed, I removed the chain as the bike needed a clean up after spending the last Decade in storage.

Full Specification of the bike can be found below
I am not a expert on these bikes or Retro Road bikes so forgive me if I am wrong on a couple of the Campagnolo models.

3ttt Competizione Racing Team Service Bars
3ttt podium stem
3ttt bar tape with 3ttt Olympic bar ends
Campagnolo C record Shifters
Campagnolo croce d'aune rear derailleur
Campagnolo athena d500 brake calipers
Campagnolo athena d500 brake levers
Campagnolo croce d'aune pedals
Campagnolo croce d'aune headset
Campagnolo athena/victory hubs
Campagnolo croce d'aune Bottom Bracket
Mavic mach 2 CD2 rims
SR Custom seatpost
Regina 7 speed sprockets
Regina 7 speed chain
Selle San Marco Concor Vintage 80's saddle

I am not 100% sure on what this bike is worth.. I have been contacted by a couple of people who believe it to be one of a kind.

any info you can add to this would be of great help

I am not willing to let it go for silly money as I have seen Peugeot's with Reynolds frames and Shimano grouping go for around £500.00

EBAY LINK - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222382989855? ... 1555.l2649

Tom

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This should be in the "Road eBay & Marketplace Watch" section as you have it for sale on eBay. I'm sure the moderators will be along soon enough to move it for you.

Re:

Hi, It`s a nice example and rare enough. It depends what your objectives are, I would say if you want maximum value for it you would get most if you break it and sell it all seperately , the Campag stuff would sell easily on ebay and you may get a couple of hundred for the frameset . As a complete bike it would really be a niche market , maybe a Pug fan that has always wanted one may pay top money. I dont know of any Peugeot racing pedigree with Columbus frames, the Peugeot pro teams had much racing success in the 70`s 80`s with reynolds 531 and 753 frames , your frame is pretty big and the colour will limit interest but If you wait long enough it will find a buyer for whom it ticks all the boxes. I have bought, restored and sold dozens of high end Pugs but this is one I have never seen but I would expect it to sell at £350 -£380 complete or £500 broken ( if parts are properly removed cleaned, identified and accurately listed) . Its worth remembering by the late 80`s Peugeot had pulled out of pro cycling and no longer funded their own cycling teams, the innovation, desireability and quality of the bikes went downhill too and i cant think of any 90`s peugeot that is truly desireable. Yours however is very nice and rare and probably one of the last lugged steel frames to bear a Peugeot badge so hold out and you should get a decent offer.

Thanks for your response

I was debating splitting it but as I know the bike could be one of a kind, Id rather not sacrilege it to that.
Honestly I would love to get it complete to ride it in the summer, but certain circumstances have forced me to try and sell it..... I am single by the way, so it wasn't the missus just to clear that up!

As you say its a niche market, I will have to find a Peugeot road bike owners club or something along them lines.

I will see what happens on Ebay first and if it doesnt sell I may have to box it up in the loft for a few more years

Thanks again for your response

Back