1951 Humber Beeston clubman

Hertsdigger

Dirt Disciple
iv had a Humber beeston clubman since my grandfather gave it to me when I was 17 (1997). I used it quiet often up until a couple of years ago and it's been kept in the shed since. The frame is 56cm, The bike is mostly original apart from it now has seven gears fitted, I have the original front light which itself is a beautiful object in my opinion, it has a Reynolds 531 sticker on it. so iv decided to sell the bike. I believe she's in good condition considering her age and the miles covered, Wheel rims Dunlop special lightweight 27x 1 1/4
Wheel hubs Airlite BH but the chrome looks to have come off on the spindles, the flanges should be alloy.
Pedals- later addition
Brakes -possibly GB hidiminium. Brake levers look to be different.
Brooks saddle .
Chainset/cranks- Williams
bars -Gb Maes
Stem - no idea. There are three or four spokes that need fixing on the front wheel and there a a few surface rust spots here and there. Serial number on bike is 260289h
Looking for sensible offers. I can email photos as I can't seem to upload to this thread. I'll ask for £450 open to offers.

Re: 1949 Humber Beeston clubman

Needs a price but this is it :

c399afc12040b06d8cbbb4f1ec0e5aa6_zpselh8tyku.jpg

Hi
I will Pm my email for more photos, if you have them.
Thanks

Yes lovely machine but as per the rules and as per the first one highlighted in yellow at the top of the page 'all adverts need a price'
So it needs a price or it can be moved to the auction section.
Cheers
Jamie

Jamiedyer":3t63rury said:
Yes lovely machine but as per the rules and as per the first one highlighted in yellow at the top of the page 'all adverts need a price'
So it needs a price or it can be moved to the auction section.
Cheers
Jamie

Iv now added a price

Thanks, it keeps the natives happy ;)
While I don't know much at all about the model, it seems like a fair price.

Jamie

Hi - interested in this, but am confused as it's listed on ebay with a much lower starting price. Also, can you confirm that it's from 1949? I understood that colour - flamboyant amber - was introduced in 1951. As it happens, there's another Humber Clubman on ebay at the moment, which looks more original and has the expected date. Grateful if you could confirm one way or another.

If it is on ebay it needs to be in the ebay/auction section.

Jamie

Hi dirt disciple I'm not 100% sure on the actual date of the bike as it was given to me in 1997,im just going by what I think I remember and by what little research iv done on the bike, I'm not a expert by a long way!! The price on ebay is a starting bid so that's the least I'd take iv been trying to find out exactly when it was built etc if you would like to see the bike I can email you more detailed photos via email, id rather not sell via ebay I just put it there as it will get bigger audience.

Back