9.9kg steel road bike (Cinelli?) Columbus frame 59cm £95

Paul David

Retro Newbie
Lightweight road bike (9.9kg, with all the bits on!), 59cm. Not sure of make, was repainted when I got it.
Clues: Cinelli is stamped on frame under bottom bracket. Columbus stamped on rear stays.
Shimano 105 brakes and gearing. 3ttt handlebars, Duraace headset.
Brazed on number carrier.
Available for collection only from Stoke On Trent - Price dropped to £95.
text 07491146711 (email pauldswan@gmail.com)

Attachments

• Front Brake.jpg
    Front Brake.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 2,287
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Frnt Dra.jpg
    Frnt Dra.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Full Bike.jpg
    Full Bike.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,815
Re:

It doesn't look like a Cinelli but it will be of half decent quality if the builder decided to use a Cinelli bottom bracket shell and Columbus drop outs so a good project for someone. GLWS.

Re: Unknown (Cinelli?) Columbus frame 59cm £120

Lot of bike for 120 quid with the brazed on number carrier :)

Shaun

Thanks, I half suspect this bike could be worth much much more, but as I can't identify it, just thought I'd move it on. Just want to cover my cost of making it road worthy (did have to replace original 7 speed 105 seperate rear cogs with a cheaper Shimano 8 speed cassette, works fine using friction setting.). And as hinted at I have resprayed it to preserve frame, but if I could keep it would be worth more professional finish. I bought it unseen from a retro bike friend, but I guess he thought my legs were longer than they are, shame...

Paul David":2qrb42ri said:
Thanks, I half suspect this bike could be worth much much more, but as I can't identify it, just thought I'd move it on. Just want to cover my cost of making it road worthy (did have to replace original 7 speed 105 seperate rear cogs with a cheaper Shimano 8 speed cassette, works fine using friction setting.). And as hinted at I have resprayed it to preserve frame, but if I could keep it would be worth more professional finish. I bought it unseen from a retro bike friend, but I guess he thought my legs were longer than they are, shame...

were thee no clues on original paintwork ?

Re:

When I took ownership, the original paintwork was long gone, unfortunately, just a poor repaint. I did try gently taking it back to attempt to reveal any original decals etc, but couldn't find any so have just resprayed, sorry.

Re: Re:

Paul David":odj7e51y said:
When I took ownership, the original paintwork was long gone, unfortunately, just a poor repaint. I did try gently taking it back to attempt to reveal any original decals etc, but couldn't find any so have just resprayed, sorry.

no need to be sorry thats what i thought but was just checking

Re:

hi,dont suppose you have any single speed bikes?
58cm aprox.
my son needs one for uni in manchester.
i was thinking of the unkown cinelli....could take off the gears but seems a waste
ian

Re:

Hi I only have this bike to sell. From when I was in London I know this would make a bargin single speed conversion.

Re:

hi,would it be ok for me to come and look?
poss wednesday?
are you near a train station?
ian

Back