90' Pinarello Treviso. SWAPPED SECTIONS!! PLS REMOVE!

B17

Old School Hero
Hello and welcome!

Photo's here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/120111554 ... 5035073619

And so the time has come to sell...... Moving to the States next year and selling all that i own bar my backpack!
I purchased the frame and fork from a clubmate and have ridden it with various builds. This current build i have ridden for a year now, - as my sunny day bike. I had STI's but sold all that new stuff as i wanted to ride it old school and still have guys grovelling on my wheel in the local chaingang! :cool:
So, what we have here is a 90' Treviso, one down from the range-topping Montello i believe. Miguel Indurain and Pedro Delgado rode Pinarellos of this era.
It has been well loved and much ridden over the years and shockingly, my mate i bought it off was using it as his winter bike complete with mudguards hence the paintchips on the rear seat stays. There are plenty of cable rub, chips and scratches. I have tried to show these in the pics.
Other small issues worthy of note are that a seatpost was once seized and on removing, a small bulge created at the back of the seattube, behind the seatstays. Seatpost clamps fine and no compromise to the overall structural integrity. I have ridden it for 4 years now without problem. Also, Outer chainring is bent and can rub the Fr mech when in biggest gear. The seatclamp, i had to space out with a washer to clamp. A new clamp of the correct size could be sourced to solve this. The chrome forks have pitted under the crown and they are not mirror-finish chrome. but not too tatty. The rear brake i think is actually a front and i have adapted it to fit by adding washers.
So here are the good bits - (don't know why i gave you the bad bits first :facepalm:)
Columbus GPX tubing.
Cinelli 130mm stem / 420mm c-c bars.
Chris King Gripnut headset. 1" seen maybe 300 dry miles!
Thomson Elite 27.2mm seatpost
Turbo perforated saddle (scuff and hole) - Alone must be worth a million! :D
Dura Ace 7402 cranks 170mm with Original rings
Campagnolo pedals, Cinelli toeclips and MKS straps
Dura Ace square taper BB
DA 7402 Rear mech
DA 7400 Front mech
DA 7402 Brake calipers and DA pads and levers
Downtube shifters - DA 7700 (friction or index)
KMC chain 8sd
Shimano cassette
Wheels - Shimano 600 Tricolour 36h hubs laced to Mavic Open 4CD 'Hard Anodised' rims.
Panaracer Pasela Tourguard 23c on rear
Veloflex Master 23c on front. Both like new.

Dimensions -
Top tube - 570mm (internal cable routing)
Seat tube - 595mm
head tube - 170mm
rear spacing - 130mm

Inspection in Glasgow is most welcome. Otherwise, i will box it up and courier to you anywhere in the UK.
How much do i want for this sexy Italian? £600 or very nearest offer!

Re: 90' Pinarello Treviso. Dura Ace/ Chris King/ Thomson/Cinelli

I have added a Flikr link to the original post for photos. Enjoy!

Re:

I believe it to be a 90'. Atleast thats what i was told.
If it's not a 90', then i would of thought it to be early 90's.

Re:

It is indeed John.
I am away down in Mancs this weekend but I'll be able to check my messages.
Ben

Re: 90' Pinarello Treviso. Dura Ace/ Chris King/ Thomson/Cinelli

Mon' Folks!!!
Need the sale, need a fix of more shiny bits. Out with the old..........!
Still for sale, this is a very good price. (I would say that though of course)

Latest posts

Back