URT MTB frame

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
I have a, possibly foolish, desire for a URT frame, I like them despite their foibles including the infamous "Brake Jack" :roll:

I do not want an all gaspipe BSO special though. The frame needs to have either an all aluminium or steel aluminium mix or at least chromo steel construction that'll take a 1&1/8" steerer fork. Needs to be size large too although a medium with a long top tube of at least 23" is workable.

Unfortunately due to unemployment it also needs to be cheap, as cheap as possible in fact so extremely scruffy is fine as long as no seized parts. It need not have a shock, I can source one of those easy enough.

You would actually be doing me some good if you had nothing available but an addict needs there fix :facepalm:

Re: URT MTB frame - OOPS Should be in 98 Onward Section

Sadly I can’t help you - however I think you might be pleasantly surprised by a URT

Relegated to catalogue crap now however they were once cutting edge, Trek had their Y bike /Orange the X1 and Klien- Mantra to name but a few

What did you guys sort ?

Big brand or a lesser known URT

Sorted meant he moved my post from pre 97 to post 98.

As for URT, I am not a newbie to these bikes, I have had 3 so far, 2 Trek y5's and a Giant Boulder. I love them despite their foibles. My ultimate is a Klein Mantra though a Schwinn Homegrown also ticks boxes. More modestly another Trek Y5, Univega or Giant Box One or a circa 98 Saracen would please me or even a Chromo steel CB :)

Velomaniac did you get one in the end? I have a early schwinn homegrown for sale. Selling as I have 5 of them lol

Re:

I did, I got a NOS DDG The Bouncer frame. It is a wee bit smaller than I'd hoped for being an 18.5" but I can work with that.

Schwinn Homegrowns are really cool though as I believe they are sweetspot URT's but I suspect you'd be selling way out of my price range which is currently between zero and £20, the joys of unemployment :roll:

Good luck in your sale and thanks for thinking of me :D

URT Rocks !!!!

Re:

Velo, the Trek I had is/was a small /17" frame, meant to post this reply ages ago...

Latest posts

Back