Long out-front Garmin mount (for Edge 1000) - SORTED!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Might be a long shot, but I'm looking for a long version of an out-front mount for Garmin Edge - it needs to be a longer version than the standard one to accommodate the bigger Edge 1000 without it hitting the stem faceplate (and so a USB charge cable can be plugged in while it's in use). Will be used with 31.8 bars.

Cheers :cool:

Re: Long out-front Garmin mount (for Edge 1000)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-Bike ... SwCdJZlUGp

I've got one of those ^ on my bike ~ cheap as chips from China. When it's mounted on the bike, it measures 60mm from the centre of the bars to the centre of the mounting plate. Not sure if that'll be long enough for what you need. Very cheap, but mine's been reliable and secure over years; nothing's ever fallen off!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yeah I've got a cheap aftermarket mount that I used for the Edge 810 without any problem. The 1000 is longer though, and I've started to use a USB Power bank attached to the stem to keep the battery topped up during longer outings when I'm using the turn-by-turn and map functions (which run the battery down quicker). With the standard size out-front mounts, with the USB port at the bottom of the Edge 1000 I can't plug the cable in since the front of the stem is in the way. But now I think of it, when I really need the power bank I think I might just turn it around in landscape mode, which will free up the USB port (I can do that on my current mount).

So I think I might just have just figured my way around the problem :idea:

Just looked up some images of it in landscape mode and I think I might even end up preferring it to portrait anyway (can see more of the front wheel!)

garmin-1000.jpg

Back