Cannondale F800 FRAME

royboy2cv

GT Fan
After 15years of great service the lower drive side stay has decided to snap . Cannondale say that the Aluminium has come to the end of it's life :shock: So much for a life time warranty .

dscf0365f_zps54d71f78.jpg

After so much work on this it was just were i wanted it , the frame was the only part left .

So one big question is does any one have one on here going begging ( Large , just frame only ) any colour !!!!!!!

Re:

ishaw":2a6bou7t said:
Just looks like a few dropped chains to me.

Maybe, it almost looks like exposed internal threads!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 791
Re:

I must admit I'd not looked at it that closely. It does look a bit rough in that close up picture.

Re:

OK , so thanks to a guy called Mark i now have this now ,

Photo0426_zpsvc7cqxuz.jpg

yes its Blue , but a very Nice Blue .

This is the reason why it was R.I.P. F800

Photo0427_zpsoebs8xal.jpg

Yes thats a steel rule were the rear chain stay should be joined together !!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT CANNONDALE SAID
"
Really sorry for the delay in our reply, hetic time of year. We have taken a look a this frame from Roy which has clearly have some love and usage over its 15yrs of ownership.

This F800 have been checked for tolerance in case that has had an impact. The frame is looking all fine from our inspection and no fault in the material or production of the frame. This shows that the frame has come to its natural end, with no fault of the bike or the rider.

Everything has a fatigue point, this cannot be helped being part of the properties of the material. I have attached a few sections from the Cannondale Manual which also explains this, so any Cannondale owner and shop should be aware of the limits and expectation of a frame and the Cannondale Lifetime warranty.

If this frame was not used for many years, but then failed this could then be more likely a fault in the frame. Like you have said Roy has been riding this bike due this period. Again if there was a fault in the frame / material that would usually show up sooner in its ownership and not 15 years later.

Sorry that we are unable to provide a replacement frame under warranty and there is not fault in the product and simply worn out. We can of course try and help Roy and offer a new bike with a discount. We can offer 10% of the trade price of a new in stock complete bike. "

royboy2cv":o4dwiifj said:
After 15years of great service the lower drive side stay has decided to snap . Cannondale say that the Aluminium has come to the end of it's life :shock: So much for a life time warranty .

Most warranties cover workmanship and materials, this as they have said is most likely caused by wear and tear. Im not sure on Cannondales actual warranty cover so its hard to make an informed comment.

Having said that, to offer 10% off trade is very good assuming their warranty only covers the above.

I can only think of one manafacturer that offers lifetime replacement regardless of cause, even to subsequent owners.

Back