27.2 dropper post

Madmax1993

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Having run the old RSP Plummet dropper for a couple of years now, I'd like to buy one that's a little more advanced. As far as I know, my options are KS, X Fusion and Thomson for a decent 27.2mm dropper post, as Reverbs have never come in 27.2.
Has anyone got a dropper that they didn't get on with, or which is now surplus to requirements?
I'd be much obliged, as I've missed out on a couple on eBay.

Thanks

Re:

Still looking if anyone can help.
Should have stated that I'm looking for a remote dropper too, just to narrow it down further.

Re:

If you're still looking for this, I was browsing recently - there's a TranzX remote dropper (currently £89 at On-One/Planet X) which looks reasonable.
If you're willing to drill your seat tube for an internally routed post, then there's the Brand X Ascend (I've done this with my Inbred frame). Apparently the TransX and Brand-X are from the same manufacturer.

Re:

If you are still looking I have an xfusion in 27.2. I had planned on using it but I don't think I will now.

Re:

How are you finding it? Haven't used mine yet but may try it before deciding whether to keep it or not.

Re:

Sorry for the delay in replying, keep getting distracted with work and bike projects haha.
So, the infinite adjust xfusion Vs the three stage RSP plummet:
The RSP is totally reliable, it's just a spring that pushes the post to the top unless blocked by one of three holes and a pin. Simple and, by and large, adequate.
The xfusion obviously can be left anywhere along its total travel so you can be more precise in where the seat is, and it takes less conscious effort to engage a pin, you just let go of the lever. The downside of the xfusion is that after just a few rides, it no longer zips to the very top of its travel, it stops 10-15mm short, and needs a bit of a helping hand, so it probably needs serviced (it is second hand after all). However, if it's going to need serviced that often, it might get a bit tedious.
Both these posts also have relatively short travel (around 100mm) and if I'm being picky, a more AM or enduring model (costing a lot more) would be ideal to get the range of movement to be just so. Like many things, you get what you pay for, in terms of quality and features, and neither of these posts should be sniffed at for the money, but I do still cover a Thomson, even though it is way over my budget.

Back