Rear Wheel, 26in, ideally centre lock disc and tubeless

mattrixdesign2

Retro Guru
My lad inherited my XC race bike, its 26inch wheels with regular QR.

Stans rim on Shimano hubs, the rear hub is knacked and the rim has flat spot.

Looking to replace it, ideally of a similar spec (lets say light weight/mid-range).

Looks like choices on the online shops is rapidly declining for 26inc :roll: either really low end crap or silly money.

I've got a pair of mavic crossroc wheels for sale for not much money in the for sale section.

I've also got a set of deore hubbed, bontrager rimmed wheels which are as new, taken off a bike after only a few miles. Centre lock, including rotors. I was going to post these up for sale tomorrow but if you are interested I can grab a few pics and confirm price.

Re:

Here you go: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=cross%2A

I've already sold the cassette so open to offers as I don't need the wheels anytime soon. Postage will be about £8 via MyHermes.

I've attached a quick pic of the other wheels. I don't know if they are tubeless compatible or not I'm afraid. I'd guess not but I don't know. I'd be looking for £68 inc post for these, that would include the rotors as well. I need the 10sp cassette so that's not technically for sale, but if you need it, I could leave it on for an extra £10. The wheels have done very little mileage, pretty much new take off after getting the bike home after purchase.

I've got other tyres I could include if you need any.

Attachments

• 20170119_120029.jpg
    20170119_120029.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 647
Re: Re:

mattrixdesign2":why9nwro said:
The Crossrocs look at tad tired.

Are the bontrager ones light weight, what bike did they come off?
They do up front around the flanges but the rest is OK, it's why they are cheap.

I'm not sure what bike the bontrager wheels came from I'm afraid. I bought them for a project that could run 24 or 26 inch wheels and I went with 24 in the end hence available. They were described to me as only having done a small amount of miles as they were upgraded by previous owner. The condition of the wheels and cassette bear that out.

I have a brand spanking new set of Fulcrum Red Metal One wheelset. Standard qr's(included), centre lock disc ready. Retailprice 695€ Now for 225€ plus shipping(iirc 18,95€ shipping costs). Very nice lightweight wheelset

I have some DT Swiss XR 1450 Race that I'd sell for £150 posted. They'd include the skewers and some rotors but no cassette. They're the bronze finish as here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-s ... -prod25538

Despite what chainreaction say the rear is 135mm qr. I can do some pics tomorrow evening if you're interested.

Back