WTD: Rock Shox SID or other lightweight fork

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
What have you got?

After a suspension fork, SID would be ideal.

Needs disc mount.

Cheers.

What kind of age/year are you looking for? Qr or bolt through? Steerer length and type? Might have something depending on your requirements.

Re:

Qr, 1/18" straight, disc mount

Something sub 1.5kg ideally, hence asking for a SID - year not important but a 2000 SID would probably suit. 80 or 100mm travel, not elastomer.

Its for a Giant NRS I will be a taking on aeroplanes three times a year (rear triangle folds over easily and the whole lot fits a suitcase). Sick of paying loads to rent crap bikes when I go away with work, work always pay for hold bag I never use so may as well fill that.

I do have a SID from around 2000 in black with a 1 1/8 steerer, I think it's the SL version. I was saving this for a rainy day project, but have to admit that its never really going to happen. I gave it an oil change after I got it and haven't used it, and it's in very good shape in and out. Any use? It's got V mounts as well, but I guess most forks around 2000 do as discs hadn't really ruled the braking roost yet.

Re:

I have a pair of DT Swiss XMC 100's available.

Great looking pair of forks with black carbon lowers.

They are new, boxed, have an uncut 1 & 1/8" non taper steerer, QR and disc mount.

Drop me a PM with an e-mail address and I can send some pics.

Cheers

Jules

I've got some 2007 SIDs World Cup black box, with the carbon steerer and crown, serviced after the last time I used them.

They weight in about 1.3kg, still one of the lightest forks around.

Let me know if your interested

Thanks
Andrew.

Back