Cannondale itch to scratch! Full sus wanted.

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey folks, I've had this itch for long enough!! I'm looking for a full suspension Cannondale, ideally if it needs a wee bit work the better as I like to tinker! I'd like a medium frame and as long as it rides nice enough that's fine by me. Must be able to post too. I had looked at one on eBay local to me but it was very rough. I'll put the link up for your opinions, the paint was bubbling on the frame and fork, seemed water may have got inside, the back wheel was completely shot and the headset bearings went tight as I turned the steering with a nasty grinding sound!

Cheers Rob

Here's the link. Is it worth going for?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331940892569

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yess. I would not recommend that.

You will need to be happy:

Complete cleaning
New Paint Job
New shock
New bearings
New fork

Just to have it as far to Start building it up again. Even for that price it seems to be expensive...

nostyle":16pamypn said:
It would be like milking a dead cow. ;-)

Haha, that made me laugh! But yes very true, it's not often I walk away from a project bike but this was too far gone.

Any of you wonderful people have anything for me? Cheers

I may can offer a Scalpel 3000 from 2001. The annodized one, Black with Golden Highlight, tuned Lefty Carbon Titanium, two wheelsets, one for Training with hügi 240 and one lightweight for racing with FRM Team Carbon Hubs and Prototyp rims. Fox RL and Dt Swiss damper, thermoplastic and aluminum (yes, 2 pieces) seat stays, superb condition, 2 owners, won one World championship at saalbach (amateur 24h I guess 2004?). It is my 6th bike, climbs excellent, smooth and fast. But maybe a little bit more expensive than the super V from Link... ;-)

Latest posts

Back