Forks, nice forks though.

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello

I realise that a simple request for forks will throw up all sorts of raised eyebrows, but I have just taken custodian ship of 2007 Clockwork number 3 of 200.

I have a straight blade set of steel forks, but wanted something a little sexier. It has a 150mm headtube so that will need to be taken into account.

I was thinking maybe some nice DTSwiss, some nice Fox's or maybe a nice set of Pace forks (bouncy or rigid).

It will be running Mavic X319's so disc only forks please.

I have a realistic budget, but am always wanting a bargain.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

I've got a mint set of rc38 air force 2 forks that I may be up for parting with. They are the older style mag braced versions not hollow form. Silly light but shorter travel than modern forks so may not suit your frame? They have an air leak but I've got the full service kit, just not had time to do the work.

Re:

ishaw - I don't think they will suit as I want 100mm or 120mm travel, thanks for the offer though, I may come back to you if my quest fails.

not_fat_matt - Talk to me. Whats the condition and travel? If i could have some pictures that would be great.

Cheers, Mark.

Re:

Hi bud, Possibly a fortuitous bit of timing, I'm in the process of having a little sort out.... :LOL:

Off the top of my head I have that'll fit the pre-requisite:

2012 Fox 32 float RL 100mm in absolutely mint condition due to being barely used
Marzocchi Marathon SL 105mm in Very good condition and very plush
DT Swiss XCM130 which is well... 130mm (and posibly too long for requirements) but also in very good condition although possibly in need of a service... will have to check :cool:

IIRC all of them have steerers in the 190mm+ range

Let me know if anything tickles your fancy

Latest posts

Back