Several mid-range parts

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm doing up a second-hand mountain bike I bought for a relative and since the frame is pretty good I'd like to switch some of the cheap 7-speed parts to something a bit lighter and better quality (also easier for me to maintain in future with the parts I tend to keep). I don't have a huge budget for it though I'm willing to spend a bit to get a decent set of wheels to start things off.

UPDATE - I'm now sorted for the drivetrain with the exception of a Rapid Rise rear mech (long cage). I've started to think about replacing some of the other parts next, in particular:

• A basic 27.2 silver suspension seatpost
    A women's saddle in decent condition
    Lightweight V-brake compatible suspension fork, RS Judy/Indy, Manitou Magnum/Mars, etc (with 210mm+ of steerer)

SORTED LIST:

• LX or better rear mech - Rapid Rise model - NOW SORTED
    A lightweight alloy flat / low riser bar - NOW SORTED
    Alloy high rise stem - NOW SORTED
    Front mech (31.8 bottom pull) - NOW SORTED
    Chain - 9 speed Shimano/SRAM - NOW SORTED
    A set of shifters or STIs, 8 or 9 speed - NOW SORTED
    Cassette - NOW SORTED
    Chainset & matching BB - NOW SORTED
    A set of lightweight-ish rim brake wheels for 8/9 speed cassette - NOW SORTED

Cheers :)

Re: Several mid-range parts for budget build - wheels & gears

I haven't got anything to swap with but i might be interested in buying the chainset off you depending on what it's like .

Re: Several mid-range parts for budget build - wheels & gears

I have a few bits & bobs that may be of use?

pair all-black DBM1 non-disc wheels, good condition
Deore LH shifter pod, VGC
8 speed cassette & chain, new
Deore M591 rear mech, almost new condition
Truvativ Isoflow chainset & BB, VGC+
XT front mech dual pull 34.9 - just needs a shim

£120 posted for the lot, PM if interested, more bits here if needed (eg Avid v-brakes etc) :)

Thanks to those above for the offers, sorry for not being able to reply sooner but I've gradually been picking up bits and pieces. What's currently left to get hold of is the updated list in the first post, still keen to hear if anyone has any of those parts for me!

Cheers

Re:

Have some Easton EA50 Monkey Bars 660mm wide and an ART 70mm zero rise stem if either/both are any good to you. £20 the pair posted.

Re: Re:

kipperthedog":u506t538 said:
Have some Easton EA50 Monkey Bars 660mm wide and an ART 70mm zero rise stem if either/both are any good to you. £20 the pair posted.
Thanks for the offer - I've just sorted a stem this afternoon and probably also a bar this evening (pending confirmation from the seller)

Re:

Got a womans saddle off a Scott Contessa in white, and some minty Rock Shox Judy XC in yellow, v and disk, 225 steerer

Got a RR XTR rear mech if interested as well :LOL:

Back