hope bigun or bulb rear qr axle

dmdmdm

Retro Guru
I've got a bigun rear with 12mm axle...need it converting to 9/10mm qr or bolt up...does anybody have the parts to help me? Will the axle swap easily or does it require a kit? I've found qr axles for sale...seems straight forward? Thanks

got a nice bulb with titanium rotor for sale. it's the skewer version.

Attachments

• hopenabe1.jpg
    hopenabe1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,174
I've got a few spare hope axles, trouble is I've no idea what hubs they are from. Do you have a pic or link to what you need and ill see if anything I have matches.

Hey. All I have is the axle currently. If I get it converted you're welcome to the 12mm'r

I need a conversion kit which not only has the axle but the spacer cones....

Third axle in pic

Attachments

• Hope Big Un 002 %28Custom%29 (1).JPG
    Hope Big Un 002 %28Custom%29 (1).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,148
After a bit of measuring this morning it turns out you could actually make a bulb conversion kit fit if you really need to go to QR

The drive side of the Bulb and Bigun axles are exactly the same, its the centre and the none drive side that are slightly different.

So this is what you would need to do.

Get hold of a Bulb conversion kit and 1x 6201 bearing

Take the Bulb axle and none drive side spacer to a machine shop and have them remove 1mm from the end of fat centre on the none drive side of the axle until it is flush with the rest of the none drive side of the axle. Now have them remove 1mm from the end of the none drive side spacer.

Now assemble the hub as you normally would, fitting the 6201 bearing in the none drive side of the hub.

Only issues with doing this is that the 6201 bearing will stick out 1mm from the non drive side of the hub and the none drive side spacer won’t fully cover the bearing.

Please note i haven’t tested this but it should work, so use at your own risk.

I have also attached a photo of both QR axles so you can see the difference

Attachments

• HopeBulbBigunAxle2.jpg
    HopeBulbBigunAxle2.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,130
I have F&R big un qr axles. Front has the end spacers like the above pic,if i knew what the rear spacers looked like id likely have them also
Both new.

:shock: Ive just realised that is actually my pic :LOL: i can see one of my personalized mini mono covers

I've since given away the short one for the bolt on No2(bottom axle), but ive still all of the rest in the pic.

Re:

Dyna, if you don't want the Big Un QR front axle with the red spacers could I snaffle it??

Dyna-ti if you post some pictures of your of spacers i could probably tell you which ones or i will take a picture of mine when i am back over where my bike it.

Bigun none drive side should have a 15mm inside diameter.
The drive side should be the same as the XC and bulb spacer

Latest posts

Back