Wanted cheap pls - aluminium frame, poss cracked or broken

setspeed

Retro Guru
Hi guys, I'm a mechanical engineering student and I'm currently doing a project on fatigue failure.
Part of my project entails modelling stresses that cause eventual failure in an aluminium frame.
What I'm looking for is an aluminium hardtail frame in the standard double triangle configuration that I can sacrifice (ie. saw up) to create my computer model. I need to know accurate tube thicknesses/profiles etc.

My preference is for a MTB frame but any frame that fits the above description would probably do.

It would be a home-run for me if I could find a frame that has already cracked or failed from fatigue (NOT destroyed through crash damage).

Obviously being a student I'm not loaded so would prefer something very cheap, or free if you feel like donating to further my education :)

I'm based in Suffolk and prepared to travel a little bit to collect or will pay for postage if you have something that fits the bill for my project.

Thanks very much.

MODS: Apologies if this post technically breaks the cross-posting rule, but I would appreciate it if you would allow it to remain, since both posts are in the 'right' place - I am not looking for a frame of a specific age, and therefore I would like members who may have an older or a newer frame to sell/donate to be able to see my post.

Latest posts

Back