Rear Shock 165mm Eye to Eye

It isn't no sorry

It is for a Scott Strike I have acquired

Thanks

I do know quite a bit about LTS's though

Re:

I have a number of 165x38mm shocks kicking about. All fox, all in working order.

They're in a cupboard in my office though, so you'll need to wait until the 5th before I can photograph them for you.

Both. Most are air, fox float R's with rebound adjust. There's definitely a fox vanilla coil shock in there, as well as a fox RL, a couple of RP23's that I think I'll be keeping, an RP23 with the extra volume can (although that one might be a 200x50) and an RP3 too I think.

This is an unexpected symptom of owning Whyte PRST's, with 2 shocks on each frame you tend to develop a bit of a collection...

Great stuff cheers

I am after air if possible

ta

Let me know your prices please fella so I can make something up to the misses ha ha

Popped into the office today to pick up a few goodies, and had a dig in the shed of dread (a big locker in my office that's threatening to collapse under the wieght of bicycle parts) for some 165mm shocks...

Here's what I have;

A fox coil shock with rebound adjust. Never ridden it myself but it appears sound. The powder coat is crumbling off of the spring in places, but otherwise the shock work appears to function as intended. No leaks, no squelching noises.

A fox float R air shock with rebound adjust. Holds Air, is in good condition, doesn't squelch.

a fox float RL with rebound adjust and lockout. As above, it appears to be in good order, and is holding air after a year in the shed of dread.

These shocks are all being replaced on my PRST-4's by more up to date models with platform damping like the RP23's, or if I can find them, the newer CTD shocks from Fox. This is easier and more expensively said then done though, the market for barely used recent shocks seems to be rather limited

Prices? Lord knows, I'm not going to give them away, but nor am I going to be make myself the subject of the "Profiteering" debate currently running, since these shocks were attached at one point to a frame I bought from a member here. But make a sensible offer that'll contribute to their replacements and I'll be happy to help out a fellow Retrobiker in need.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 904
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 904
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 904
Re:

Thanks GSB appreciated

I am not faux pais with the 2nd hand shock market

However I reckon the Float RL is more expensive than the other two

I am ideally after a basic functioning Float over the vanilla so please do pm me a price and I am sure we can come to an agreement

Thanks

No idea. What I do know is that the last RP23 I bought was £115. And a new one is an eye watering £400... When I was looking for simple Float R's a year or so ago they ranged between £50 to £70.

How about;

Coil £15
Float R £30
Float RL £40

Inc postage in UK, but not including those funky Jon Whyte bearings that are staying with the bike. I may have a couple of spare bushes I can press in there for you in place of the bearings, but I can't say how worn they might be, since they too are languishing at the back of the shed of dread. The fact that I kept them would suggest that they have life left in them though...

Back