[cancelled] Microshift SL-M10 thumb shifters

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As per title, I'm looking for a set of 3x10 Microshift SL-10 thumb shifters for my modern.

SL-M10_s.jpg

I've been looking for them on the interwebz, but I can't seem to find them. I did manage to buy the road version last year, but that only covers 7.5 gears on my 10-speed cassette.
I've checked Ebay, CRC, etc. Anyone got a new set or know where I can get hold of one?

Re: Microshift SL-M10 thumb shifters

I did consider it, but these guys only sell to businesses so there's little chance of getting an actual reply.

I'm currently looking at a dealer list I came across on Van Der wal's site, so I'm going to make some phonecalls tomorrow (holiday today)

Re: Microshift SL-M10 thumb shifters

Thanks, Hagel, but the SL-A10 are the ones for the road mechs. I have a set of those, and found out that the 10-speed rear only covers a range of 7.5 gears on an MTB. That's why I'm looking for the SL-M10.

I was going through the list of dealers on Van Der Wal's site and found my own preferred LBS in there :facepalm: . Got in touch with him, and he's going to get hold of a set. I've been warned that it might take a while, so it looks like even the distributor might have to special order them.

Re: [just about solved] Microshift SL-M10 thumb shifters

ah ok..i was thinking they are correct because they write its for MTB, Trekking, Reiserad, Speedbikes, Urban, Retro.

Re: [almost solved] Microshift SL-M10 thumb shifters

You can indeed use them on an MTB, but then you'd need to put a road mech on there. As much as I like the styling of the black ones (the M10 is only available in grey), a road mech is where I draw the line.

As I said, thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate it.

Re:

After more than 2 months of waiting, the distributor finally came through ... with a set of revo shifters that had a completely different parts number than the thumbies we ordered. "whatever, it shifts gears, right?"

It's very unlikely that my LBS will want to do business with them anymore, and frankly I share that sentiment.

The search is on again ... and now that I replaced the Formulas with Shimano XT brakes, I'm not even sure if the thumbies will clear the reservoir cap properly.

What on Earth did I get myself into?

EDIT : Nevermind, just found a pic of a bike that uses thumbies with XT brakes, and the angle needed to clear the brakes is simply horrendous.

6426952_orig.jpg

3765128_orig.jpg

Looks like I'll be stuck with those ugly modern shifters then. Bugger !

Re:

Oddly I've just found this thread, also sorry to bring something back from the dead but I wanted to comment.

I've also been looking for thumb shifters to clear modern disc brakes as the M730's I have don't, it's either the reservoir or handlebar clamp that seems to get in the way.

The compromise is to get brakes that fit. The new Cannondale levers look like they would fit as does the new Avid setup, I didn't have the ability to actually check it though, also I like my XT's...

If anyone else has tried and had any wins with fitting disc levers it would be great to know. Mechanicals do work well as the lever is a v-brake one but it's a case by case for the hydros.

thanks

Back