XTR M970 Left hand crank arm.

Ruby900turbo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
Has anyone got a left hand xtr m970 crank arm in good mechanical nick? Not worried about cosmetics but must have good splines. 175mm needed.

Cheers, James.

Re:

Hi,
Still looking for a working 175mm XTR M970 ond drive side crank arm. Heel rub, scratches etc not important but must have good splines.

Cheers, James.

Probably not the way you want to go, but I now have an extra chainset for reasons that escape me (I bought one recently thinking I needed it and forgot I already had one in a box in the garage in addition to the one with dodgy splines).

I'm not looking to split it as it cost me £100, but it is in fine fettle cosmetically and functionally. Spline wise it seems fine - the usual teeny tiny movement when loosely mated to the rive side before bolting up, but all good when bolted on. I would keep it if I didn't already have an idle one (may still, as I seem to have almost a second 'spare' groupset now, but one new years resolution was to not kit out my builds all the same), so probably best to let it go.

Will probably result in shifters, and a front and rear mech up for grabs too.

Re:

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I am trying to avoid buying a whole new good condition crank as I will then still end up with one that needs a spare left crank.. Unless a really cheap cosmetically challenged whole crankset comes up for sale I think I will just wait for just a left hand to come up. £100 is a good price for a decent set though so I'm sure you will have no problem moving it on and many thanks for the offer. The new 172.5mm left crank arm on ebay only sold (not to me) for £24 so will keep looking.

I may be interested in a couple of weeks in a pair of 970 shifters though but need to shift some XTR parts I bought in error. I have a M970 rear mech revesrse pull in good condition. I think it is a medium cage? (approx 68mm between the jockeywheels) and I need a long one so will be trying to swop this at some point. I also got a M985 front mech in great condition which is for a double crank and I need a triple in 970.. Last of all I have a left hand M985 double/triple shifter again in perfect nick but would prefer to go 970.

Cheers, James.

You'd think there would be a market for left arms, as it seems a point of weakness. I mean a light alloy mated to a steel shaft? Even the bulk of a square taper succumbs in the end.

Give me a shout about the other bits as/when if you decide they are needed.

Re:

Hi,
There is a small market for single left hand cranks if you are willing to part with around a £130... Will let you know re the other parts. What sort of price would you be thinking for the shifters?..

Cheers, James.

Back