Continental Twister supersonic

biocandy

Senior Retro Guru
Grown really keen on these tires.. Can't seam to find a good deal anywhere though.. even looks like they aren't produced any longer.. So, got any..? 26 x 1,9".. don't need to be nib :)

Yeah, I wish I stocked up too. Can't seem to find them anywhere except Ebay.

I've had my pair of ss twisters for a while, but only this spring really put them the test.. and I'm amazed how good they are.. Use supersonic tubes as well, and still no punctures.. even though I ride the setup daily in roughed terrain with loads of snake bite roots and sharp stones.. even managed a climb last week that I have never conquered before.. more twisted twisters please :mrgreen:

Re:

Every time I think of using mine I pick up punctures, 4 the last time all in one wheel.
Plus anything but bone dry tarmack or dry compact ground with short dry grass and they are deadly.
Bloody light though.

I think the new race semislick is the replacement for them. Added puncture protection to stop all the punctures.

But if they work for you where you ride, you'll be flying along. They where quick tyres until they punctured.

Not seen any pop up for a while.

[Roots, rocks, stones all fine with them, just the brambles and similar small thorns that often lay across a paths go right through them as there is not rubber to stop them].

Re:

Haha.. that taste can be so different.. deadly.. nee., I would say airy, fragile and lively ;)

Well.. one nice set sorted, but I think i'm up for more :)

Back