Scott G-Zero Pro pivot bearing

Gussyboy79

Retro Newbie
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have a Scott G-Zero Pro and recently had to have the pivot arm bracket re-welded for the rear shock, a couple of weeks riding after the repair the sleeve for the pivot bearing on the crank ring side worked its way out and never to be found again.
I have called my local Scott dealer who I bought the bike off 12 years ago and the bearing is no longer available, does anyone have one laying around or a solution to my problem as it seems a shame to write off the bike over a missing bearing sleeve.

The owners manual gives part number as follows: 15.1.860.101.0.000. (From Scott) or 3803.2.RS AVAILABLE FROM "local hardware stores

The part numbers are the same across the following models: G-Zero competition, G-Zero FX, strike competition, strike FX & Octane

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Gus

Re: your G-Zero pickle

G'day Gus

I'm terribly sorry I didn't see your post before now. I hope you still have your Scott. I have a Strike myself which I still race and have experienced something similar with the pivot bearing sleeve.

I gather you are referring to the 1mm thick sleeve that fits between the pivot axle and swingarm clamp. As it happens, I lost one of mine under the same circumstances. I made one myself from 1mm thick aluminium.

The bearings 3803.2RS are definitely challenging to find. I just last week bought them from Boca Bearing Co in Florida. Cost a bomb at USD30.00 per side and by the time you include shipping to Switzerland, there goes the mortgage. They are shipped, not as a single double-row bearing any longer but as two single-row angular contact bearings. This is a superior solution from a durability standpoint though overkill for a bicycle.

Do bear in mind if like mine, your frame is of carbon, you shouldn't use a hammer at any stage of the process otherwise you may be sealing the fate of your next repair.

Best of luck mate.

Nik

Back