DH or AM Bike - £1300(ish) budget

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm after a bike to take to BikePark Wales with me. I want something fairly modern.

I was going to buy a Specialized SX Trail off this forum, but sadly the seller has now decided that he wants to keep it :(

Ideally I want something with around 160 - 180mm travel each end. It HAS to be in perfect mechanical condition (I don't want to have to buy it and then spend money making it work!) but I'll consider anything from full on DH bikes through to long travel enduro rigs.

Here's the bike I was going to buy, to give you a better idea of what I'm after - although as I said I'll step up to a full-on DH bike if the right one comes along, as it'll mainly be used on uplifts:

file.php

Logic.Al":1fj3war1 said:
How about a brand new Kona Entourage? I hear they have good reviews. CRC have them cheap too.

:LOL:

For those who don't know, this is what I've ordered.

Although I'm now in a bit of a dilemma, as the SX Trail (above) has come back up for sale and it's the bike that I originally had my heart set on. PLUS, Chain Reaction are a few days behind with their order processing for bikes, so I have time to cancel it.

Back