M970 r/h shifter or perhaps M810 - sorted

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for either of the above.. in good order both functionally and cosmetically.

M970 would be my first choice but a decent M810 might just fit the bill..

Re: M970 r/h shifter or perhaps M810

The M810 seems more difficult to find than the M970 ( and sometimes more expensive) The m810 has a more robust/mechanical feel to it than the M970 - the M970 is buttery smooth. I prefer my 810 exactly for this.a Esy enough to pick up off singletrack if you put in a wants (well it was for me :) )

What sort of money for a good M810 do you think Bob?

Well i was able to buy a pair for £50 posted on the bay though I doubt anyone ever uses the rear shifter (my rear is basically a spare . I'm in Ipswich so only run 1x9 myself.)The rh seems to go for £40 to £50 ,- slightly less than XTR one - though much easier to get a pair in 970 and prices seem to be rising for M970s.
The m810 aint as pretty as the xtr - does the job just as well but differently. Certainly a step up from the deores and lxs i've used.

Rear my original reply - it should read M970s easy to get off singletrack - M810 not so easy.

Have you considered these - http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/m ... evers.html you can take the pods of these (i believe come with blanking plates) and thats a fantastic price. (just noticed out of stock) I found this article http://superlightracer.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -m770.html very interesting.

I'm in Ipswich so only run 1x9 myself.

bob

It has to be XTR or Saint.. I can get a Saint for just under £50 but I think I'd prefer M970 - perhaps. :?

- I'm running modded 972 shadow . You can modify 972 to run saint short cage. M972 can be picked up very cheaply with broken cages (cause they are carbon) and new saint cages (alloy) about £25. i ran m952 long on mine before i swapped and think m972 with shorts is much more precise. Just pointless bit of info for you.

bob

Ta Bob... :cool:

I have 2 952's and the one I'm going to use is a shorter cage than t'other one.

If I change, I like the 972's so will take a peek in their direction ;)

Back