a brake bit XTR 950 also XTR FD 950 or later

stevebe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
has any one got a spare v-brake 95x series part. The bit I need is the small black assembly where the small tension adjust screw is mounted. This is the bit that puts tension on the return spring lever. Realised why the tension kept going - it was a striped thread.

Also need a mechanically good front mech 950 960 series either would work. Bottom pull 34.9mm

steve if you bear with me for a day or two i have some fubarred m950 v's, im sure the bit you need would be there

Charlie

Right you buggers made me venture out into the cold garage. Mine are a pair of m951. I replaced them as they were eating pads at an angle in one ride. I replaced them with m750s which while better still eat pads. Starting to think its the frame.

Mine are complete. One arm has seperated but fine when held in situ by the bolt. The springs are wonky which is what I put the problems down too. The bit referred that goes closest to the frame is there with good threads.

Oh my god - thats more offers than Ive had from women in 10 years. I have a picture of the bit and thinking on it they are handed so looking from the front of the brake it is the right hander. At the risk of seeming picky can I see if charlie has the bit first.

Steve

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 323
as i say ,mine are complete and thread s are fine, can you tell me if it is the are where the noodle fits or the arm with the pinch bolt that holds the cable that you require.

From memory i stripped and reassembled these brakes, and the reason they dont work is that i have not rotated the interlocking castle turrety bits correctly which resulted in them hitting the rim at the wrong angle. excuse my terrible non technical explanation but im sure ben will know what i am talking about.

steve i get all confused with brakes , is it the noodle holding arm or the cable pinch bolt arm you require, but yes i have that bit for both brake arms and thread are all good,

these are m951's I would need fluffy ben to tell me they are all compatible

Ah better way to describe its the pinch bolt side I bow to greater knowledge but I thought 950/1 were all much the same - now wait to be shot down.

Steve

stevebe":2zaxpbkj said:
Ah better way to describe its the pinch bolt side I bow to greater knowledge but I thought 950/1 were all much the same - now wait to be shot down.

Steve

as long as you are not bowing to my greater knowledge, as clearly from my description i do not have that, its all cool

regardless i have the bit and if it fits its yours , i do suspect that m950-2 would be all the same, Ben will confirm and Ben can have the remaining parts anyways

do bear with me for postage, i have a baby in the hospital so life is rather crazy at the moment#

it will be days rather than weeks though ;)

Back