Small Disc frame 15inch ?

THEFALLGUY

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi i am looking for a small frame for my sons first full size wheeled bike.

A yeti arc XS would be nice, it need to take a suspension fork and be disc compatible.

What have you got?

How nice do you want the condition to be? I've got a very light Salsa Moto Rapido that I'm not using, lovely frame but the paint needs retouched at the head tube. Would be good for a youngster as it weighs next to nothing. The decals have been protected with helitape so they are good. I'd leave a BB and a lightly used headset in it.

Here is the original for sale thread.

viewtopic.php?t=208931

And how it looks with some parts chucked on.

viewtopic.php?p=1604137

It has a different headset on now (Onza Mongo III in blue). As I said the paint is a bit shabby in places. To be honest I could have touched it up myself but I'm a lazy sod and just wanted to ride it and not make a garage queen. I've also got a chainstay protector on that hides the bits where the paint has rubbed off on the driveside chaistay. I paid £100 for it if memory serves, but I'd only be after £60 posted, with the BB, headset and Salsa seatclamp included. I reckon a couple of hours with some Humbrol black paint would get it looking nice. The paint looks dull due to the helitape on the main tubes. I'd keep it as I've been using it as a fun SS but I don't have the space.

I reckon with the right parts you could easily hit 20lbs on a budget build which would be good for a youngster to start his 26" wheel years.

zetecmk2":2pfqiv69 said:
that is a nice frame!!

To be honest it is too small but I persisted as it was fun, and climbs like nothing else I've ever had (inc Klein)

I've got a 15" Specialized Hardrock Pro frame going spare. Quite nice condition for year (2003 I think). Suitable for 100mm travel fork. IS disk only. Headset, seapost and clamp could also be up for grabs if you're interested. Looks like this, except it's disk specific .....

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... URdQBfwnkc

Would probably be looking at £25 plus say £10 postage. Say an extra tenner if you want the other bits too. You mentioned a Yeti Arc, so I won't be offended if this is too low a spec :oops: . If you're interested I'll take some photographs (of the frame!).

Regards

Tazio":piwnp2ib said:
zetecmk2":piwnp2ib said:
that is a nice frame!!

To be honest it is too small but I persisted as it was fun, and climbs like nothing else I've ever had (inc Klein)

I will have to pass on this one but many thanks for the effort posting it up.

Back