Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

WANTED!! 22mm Hayes caliper( may be sorted? )
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=240251

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  WANTED!! 22mm Hayes caliper( may be sorted? )

Title says it all really, have an old schwinn rocket that is in need of the early style 22mm caliper....
Please reply here or pm me.
Cheers :D
Rich.

Author:  jimjams [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 am ]
Post subject: 

which caliper? 22mm piston diam.?
got hayes solo/9 knocking about i expect?

Author:  ba57ards [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am ]
Post subject: 

this is the weird caliper mount that bolts to the frame isnt it ?

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

ba57ards wrote:
this is the weird caliper mount that bolts to the frame isnt it ?

'Deed it is sir, may I ask if you know of such a piece of unobtanium?

Author:  ba57ards [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

i know of this part it has been subject to many a conversations

i dont have one but if u search in previous threads here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208627

hopefully that should help as theres a pic

Author:  retrocomeback [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

toomanyframes, If one of the Hope 22mm mounts mentioned in the linke thread can be of use to you please send me a PM so I can help you out. I've got 3 or 4 other retrobike members who are also after one. You may have to be patient with me though, my contact who manufactured some copies made a first batch which unfortunately had a small measurement error, since this time though he's had a nasty accident and isn't at work at present to do a corrected batch. As and when he does return though I'll happily be in touch with details.

And yes Tony, your % cut is still up for negotiation mate! :wink:

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

retrocomeback wrote:
toomanyframes, If one of the Hope 22mm mounts mentioned in the linke thread can be of use to you please send me a PM so I can help you out. I've got 3 or 4 other retrobike members who are also after one. You may have to be patient with me though, my contact who manufactured some copies made a first batch which unfortunately had a small measurement error, since this time though he's had a nasty accident and isn't at work at present to do a corrected batch. As and when he does return though I'll happily be in touch with details.

And yes Tony, your % cut is still up for negotiation mate! :wink:

I think the frame had a hope mount already fitted, I'll try and get a pic up at some point,it may even be of some use to you.( the mount,not the pic :lol: )

Author:  retrocomeback [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

toomanyframes wrote:
I think the frame had a hope mount already fitted, I'll try and get a pic up at some point,it may even be of some use to you.( the mount,not the pic :lol: )

Sounds good mate, I've gotta trawl through a load of old PM's on here and elsewhere but I'm sure someone offered me a Hayes 22mm caliper in the last 6 months or so. I'll see if I can find out who it was and then put you in touch with them

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Right here goes....

I think hope mounts are marked with a part number whereas this isn't.

Author:  retrocomeback [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, that's the Hope HBRM165H mount, the early ones weren't marked. They later started printing the model no on the flat horizontal part. Do you not just want an old a Hope C2 No 1 caliper so you can utilise this yourself?

Author:  ba57ards [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

i can help out with leavers and hose too

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmmmmm...(rubs chin)....I've never used hope brakes (shimano and Hayes with a dusting of avid) how different are they? ( aside from being handmade British works of art)

Author:  retrocomeback [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Drop me a PM with your address and I'll pop a No1 caliper in the post to you on Monday.

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

retrocomeback wrote:
Drop me a PM with your address and I'll pop a No1 caliper in the post to you on Monday.

You, my friend are a LEGEND!!! :D :D :D

Author:  retrocomeback [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

toomanyframes wrote:
retrocomeback wrote:

I can't take all the credit, Tony (ba57ards) Karma'd me a couple of them when I was doing my Spooky build. Only fair I can pass one on to help out a fellow retrobiker :wink:

Author:  toomanyframes [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

retrocomeback wrote:
toomanyframes wrote:
retrocomeback wrote:

I can't take all the credit, Tony (ba57ards) Karma'd me a couple of them when I was doing my Spooky build. Only fair I can pass one on to help out a fellow retrobiker :wink:

Author:  ba57ards [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

let me know if ur missing some bits as still got loads of spares that tbh should go and be used

Author:  toomanyframes [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 am ]
Post subject: 

ba57ards wrote:
let me know if ur missing some bits as still got loads of spares that tbh should go and be used

Oh don't you worry my friend,I think you'll be getting a pm or 100 from me in the near future! :D :D

Author:  ba57ards [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

lol dw will always reply

can sort u out a front brake to match the rear if needed

jus need to know what size discs u intend to run

(got hub spares also if u need them )

tony

Author:  toomanyframes [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's mighty nice of you,I'm assuming the rear will be 160 so would probably go at least 180 up front ( I'm no lightweight!!) although I don't know how strong hopes are.
If you post or pm me pics of any spares that you think I may need (or indeed, don't need but might like 'cause its nice and shiny!!) that would be great.
Cheers. :D
Rich.

Author:  ba57ards [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

hope rear should be a 165 rear with the number one caliper and then the front will be a no 3 caliper with a 185 disc

what hubs do u run ? not hope 5 bolt ?

Author:  toomanyframes [ Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Haven't decided on hubs yet,only picked up the frame on Tuesday and have been boarding out attic to move stuff from garage so I can build a mini workshop. :D
Thinking about it, all my hubs are standard 6 bolt. That wouldn't be a problem would it? :shock:

Author:  toomanyframes [ Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WANTED!! 22mm Hayes caliper( may be sorted? )

Quick update!!! Just got in from work to find a red ticket from the post office. Off to the main depot,what's waiting for me..... Only a nice bubble wrapped hope no1 calliper.pleased isn't the word :D
Rich.(retrocomeback) I can't thank you enough, or tony (ba57ards) for karma'ing it to you in the first place.
I am REET happy !!! :D

Author:  retrocomeback [ Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:13 pm ]

Happy to help buddy, all the best :)

Author:  ba57ards [ Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm ]

Got more no 1 halfs btw and glad we could help let me know if u need any hope spares got loads