spoke tension gauge

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
has anyone got one they want to sell or possibly hire it out? i am time served engineer so it would be properly used i.e i am not a tool worrier! probably only going to ever build one set of wheels so dont really want to fork out on one. cheers

fair comment. having built my first wheel i am happy with the audible technique plus its pretty easy to feel when spokes are right. the park one is a lot of money for two plates of metal and a spring which is i think what was stopping me.

If you only want one for a build or two then you could buy a new one and I'd happily buy it from you when you've finished :D

If your not far from me you can borrow my DT swiss one but it does cost a lot and id like it back in the same condition :shock: :cool: im in lowestoft in suffolk and il be home about the 2nd of october ;)

hi, many thanks for a generous offer. sounds like you have the proper one with dti on it. i actually just got an aircraft cable tension meter off ebay. its a precision instrument that measures up to 200lb so enough to handle most spokes and it has a calibration test piece so should be very accurate. could be a mega bargain spoke tension meter or an expensive chocolate tea pot? i have had a quick flick over a wheel and it seems to work a treat. so thanks to all the offers but hopefully sorted now. ad

Attachments

• DSC00256.JPG
    DSC00256.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 140
Back