WTD: A Nice SS Wheelset Please

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I'm in need of a lovely SS wheel set for a new build and I'm hoping someone may have what I need! The perfect set would have black canti brake rims and white industries eno Eccentric rear hub, but all considered.

I can pay you some cold hard cash for them, or I have two genuinely lovely wheel sets to swap if you'd rather.

1st pair are Mavic 117 sup in grey with very little wear on hope ultralight and ti glide. The hubs and bearings are totally as new and unmarked.

2nd pair could pretty much pass as new and are Mavic 231 CD in black with no wear to the ano on Suntour XC comp which are also unused.

I can provide photos of the wheel sets tonight if anyone wants a swap!

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Search no further as I have exaclty what you need :)

White Industries singlespeed specific wheelset WI, Mavic 717 for GBP200
  • Foto-IYT8Z7FL-D.jpg

This wheelset was built almost 2 years ago by the owner of singlespeed.nl and is truly fantastic! The hubs are black and from White Industries. The rear hub is a 'normal' ENO hub and the front one is a M16. The rims are Mavic 717's in black as well and the spokes are DT Comp's. If I remember correctly all the spokes are 2.0-1.8-2.0 except the reaer right ones. They are normal 2.0's

Front wheel is laced radially. Rear wheel is also laced radially on the left side. The right side is normally laced.

When I had the wheelset build, thy costed me €555! :shock: Included in the sale is a 17t Shimano freewheel.

The wheels came from my Dekerf SSer. I have ridden max 500kms on it.

Pictures can be found here:
    http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3WNPNCBI

Back