1999 GT Lobo 1000 DH Decals / Rear Shock Trunion Bolts

Hi all, just in the process of bringing an old Lobo back to life. I need decals or high res images of them to reproduce. I also need some replacement ali bolts to mount the trunion to the upper swingarm. Lastly I'm after an AC Crank/MRP World Cup, 46 tooth front setup. Can anyone help? Cheers, Andy

gil_m is your man for decals hes good and fast delivery to find him in the member list or go to the feedback page. good luck with your build.

PS: The MRP needs to be System 2 with fixed inner ring in that size. If you downsize to 'Slalom' 36-40t you can use System 1 I think.

...you've got me thinking now about the rear brake too.

I intend to fit Open Hope Pro M4's front and rear, and have bought an old Heckler as a donor bike. It has a floating IS disc mount rather than actual caliper, that you can bolt any caliper to. Not 100% original I know, but the M4's were prototyped in 99 I think so more or less a good period option.

The bushes around the bottom of the caliper in the thread you quoted got me thinking about whether the donor equipment I have sourced actually moves or not. It's on a Heckler which is obviously a fixed rear triangle rather than a 4 bar linkage system. I'm guessing a fixed caliper would be ok on an STS Lobo because the torsion bar mounts to the canti mount on the same piece of metal, but with the Horst link being inbetween the caliper and the torsion bar mount on the ali Lobo, I might be snookered.

I don't have the bike yet so can't see it in the flesh. How frustrating...

Can you use a smaller than 46 tooth ring on an ali Lobo? It looks tight?

Also wondering if you knew any good polishers for the rear end?

Very good questions and I'm glad you are considering it, the rear brake is quite important imo. You are dead right, the bolt/mount you have on the Heckler that mounts into the frame should pinch tight but many people just couple that up to the lower 'swingarm' and I guess it is forced to move, being ali is probably becomes a soft bush! It should mount to the brake boss and not move, I think it is all from the LTS...

So the IS mount should remain static but I am going to bore it out so it will take the plastic bush, use the frame bolt and couple it to the swingarm like the Hope C2. (btw email them and you can get free samples if you pretend a bit)

There is an issue of disc size, 180mm will fit but using the IS mount you can't actually connect the torque arm because the disc will be too large. Disc needs to be 175mm or less from memory, certainly 160-165mm is fine and what I plan to use, along with a Mono M4 number 3.

Check this out, lots of pics n info: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Hmmmmm - wasn't expecting this complication, but I suppose if you sourced everything overnight it would spoil the fun!

So option A is to drill out the IS mount as per your suggestion. Option B would be to get some kind of clamp to mount to the seat stay (mine doesn't have canti mounts) but I hear you on the interference with the rear shock stroke.

Do you still have a spare Big Un 126.66mm (I hope that's right) axle? My donor bike has a hope sport hub so I'm guessing the axle won't switch over.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... true&rt=nc

This is the second Lobo that I bought just for the shock (me=idiot), look at the way its mounted at the rear. It doesn't look good but solves the problem. If you said you really really wanted it I guess I'd give you the clamp part of it, I kinda want to keep but I'm hoarding..

As for the axle I'm not sure at present what I really have, I know I have one real Lobo / Big Un, then one 'normal' C2 one for Big Un (few mm longer) and another one this length but I'm not sure what hub for. They look easy to shorten to me. I now own four Big Un's and two Bulbs lol, I've bought a lot of parts sometimes for just one piece :(

Buying is fun, once you forget about budget :eek:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back