WTD: 3x8/3x9 Shimano Shifters (SORTED)

nathb

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As per title I'm looking for some 3x8/3x9 Shimano Rapidfire Shifters.

Such as Shimano Alivio M410 shifters.

Or some 3x9 If they will work?

Thanks

nathb":23is1x18 said:
1210tech":23is1x18 said:

Oo
What year are those?

Also I know you state the orange indicator has faded but is it still possible to tell which gear you are in?

year? hmmm, i think, and don't quote me on this, between 1998-2000 but not entirely sure. they were fitted to my RC200 but have just changed it to a 9 speed

yeah, you can still clearly see the indicator, its just white instead of orange ;)

1210tech":1t4h7inw said:
nathb":1t4h7inw said:
1210tech":1t4h7inw said:

Oo
What year are those?

Also I know you state the orange indicator has faded but is it still possible to tell which gear you are in?

year? hmmm, i think, and don't quote me on this, between 1998-2000 but not entirely sure. they were fitted to my RC200 but have just changed it to a 9 speed

yeah, you can still clearly see the indicator, its just white instead of orange ;)

One last question sorry, what's the model number? Just wanting to make sure it's all compatible :)

nathb":4tfcn7wm said:
1210tech":4tfcn7wm said:
nathb":4tfcn7wm said:
1210tech":4tfcn7wm said:

Oo
What year are those?

One last question sorry, what's the model number? Just wanting to make sure it's all compatible :)

Just had a quick look and they are Shimano Deore SL-MC18 Rapid Fire Shifters. I was using them with a Deore XT M739 front & rear mech set up with 8 speed cassette

They do work, that what I have on my bike right now. For the chain to go up onto my largest ring (mega range) it takes two clicks. So it cancels out the extra click and it works pretty well. I reckon for a standard cassette you just set your limits screws so that the last shift cannot push the chain off.

Beans":30pljxld said:
They do work, that what I have on my bike right now. For the chain to go up onto my largest ring (mega range) it takes two clicks. So it cancels out the extra click and it works pretty well. I reckon for a standard cassette you just set your limits screws so that the last shift cannot push the chain off.

Thanks!!

9 speed shifters will give me more scope for upgrades in the future too!

Back