Fat Chance seat clamp 28.6 (DKG)

iku78

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I am looking for a seat clamp for a Fat Chance '88 (10778F). I guess it might be a 28.6 sized but not sure. DKG made them kind a special since the frame got this lip behind the seattube.

Who can help me out, I am looking since months...

shipping + buying = good price :)

THANK YOU

Re:

FAT often used Suntour BMX seat clamps bitd. 80s Originals are expensive but this should work. You may need to use a narrower gauge bolt but try ‘not’ to file out the lip hole, as its best to preserve originality as much as possible. I think the DKG ones were more typically factory fitted from the early 90s, so less period correct.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322096245962

MP

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

M-Power":h68yq3tk said:
FAT often used Suntour BMX seat clamps bitd. 80s Originals are expensive but this should work. You may need to use a narrower gauge bolt but try ‘not’ to file out the lip hole, as its best to preserve originality as much as possible. I think the DKG ones were more typically factory fitted from the early 90s, so less period correct.

MP

Thank you for that one. I should go with this if I got no other choice to find the orig. one from DKG no matter with or without the rubber seal (I guess those were made later on?)

So maybe I have to give this Suntour Clamp a shot? Looks not very spicy lol.... ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

iku78":2ziknz5c said:
M-Power":2ziknz5c said:

MP

Thank you for that one. I should go with this if I got no other choice to find the orig. one from DKG no matter with or without the rubber seal (I guess those were made later on?)

I have one with the seal on my 94 Wicked Lite. You can get separate silicone seal rings to put over the top of the seat clamp to prevent water ingress.

So maybe I have to give this Suntour Clamp a shot? Looks not very spicy lol.... ;)

Maybe get the cheap one for use and look out for a sealed DKG. From memory they also go for big money though.

Back