WANTED - V-Brakes / Levers & 3x8 speed shifters

Wylie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So I'm doing up an old saracen rufftrax 2 for my girlfriend. not looking for any exotic parts as im on a bit of a tight budget :oops: i need some half decent v-brakes with levers and some 3x8 speed shifters ...just need to build it into something roadworthy to ride along the prom and go camping etc, when the summer comes. :D

Thanks
Steve ;)

Re: WANTED - V-Brakes / Levers & 3x8 speed shifters

See my ebay listings

ebay.co.uk/i/143451428995

ebay.vo.uk/i/143451428401

10% discount available through retrobike. Reply to this message.
Regards,
Jan

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a full set of Deore LX v’s, brake levers and 3x9 (shifters should work with 8 speed too).

£40 posted for the lot in the UK.

Re:

Careful! 9 speed shifters aren't guaranteed to work with 8 speed cassette, or vice versa. The spacers between cogs are different thickness.

Attachments

• Cassette width.png
    Cassette width.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 491
Re:

Paul R":2qr0ya2p said:
Ah Thanks ...my budgets a little tighter than that sry :oops:

Jan Marten":2qr0ya2p said:
See my ebay listings

ebay.co.uk/i/143451428995

ebay.vo.uk/i/143451428401

10% discount available through retrobike. Reply to this message.
Regards,
Jan
Nice one ;)

Jan Marten":2qr0ya2p said:
Careful! 9 speed shifters aren't guaranteed to work with 8 speed cassette, or vice versa. The spacers between cogs are different thickness.
Yup ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I’m sure I have some 8sp deore thumbshifters somewhere, I can dig them out if they’d be useful? Also tektro Vs but no levers ..

Back