SWAP My Thomson Elite 30.9 for your 27.2

Meejoir

Retro Guru
I’ve got a brand new Thomson Elite seatpost in 30.9mm diameter and 440 length. Never fitted but haven’t got the bag. I need a 27.2mm Thomson Elite for my current project. Needs to be at least 410mm length. Anyone out there fancy a swap?

Re:

I have a brand new Thomson Elite in black, 27.2 & I need a 30.9 inline in black. Only problem is it is only 330mm!!

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 395
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 394
Re:

For reference the 330 post has 265mm from the minimum insertion line to the seat rail.

I also have a new unused 31.8 post clamp if you need one, £20ppg delivered.

Attachments

• s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 377
Re:

Cheers Davidj.

The frame I’m working on has an odd-ish 30mm seatpost diameter with a 34.9 seat clamp. The Thomson post I’ve got is frustratingly 0.9mm too big but a 27.2mm will fit with a shim.

I get the frame back from the paint shop tomorrow and I’ll double check to length I need on the post.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

Re:

Got my frame back from the paint shop. Definitely going to need the longer seatpost unfortunately which is a real pain in the rear derailleur, so to speak. Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.

Re:

How about £40 posted? 2nd class signed for. I’ve not got the bag, hence the lower price. Can email photos if you like but it’s pretty immaculate.

Back