Various cheap parts for a winter turbo trainer/hack bike

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm trying to make use of an old frame and some parts I have spare to build up a bike dedicated to use on the turbo this winter. There's a chance that I might use it on the road now and again too for when I don't need the fancy road bike. So cosmetics are unimportant and budget is tight as I'm just cobbling something together out of as much as I can put my hands on quickly/cheaply! I'm near Winchester, and drive regularly to Southampton in case there's anything local so I can save on the postage.

Edit - I carelessly (i.e. ebay) bought a donor bike which should sort out most of the parts I need...

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":qqsb1jbq said:
Can you get hold of a 700c rim ?
Not easily and I guess not worth the hassle (if wheel building is required) - I do have a decent set of Mavic wheels that I could use but they'd be rather wasted on it. I still could use them though if nothing better suited shows up.

Got some LX m570 9-speed shifters and an accompanying front mech, if you're not already sorted.
All in good condition.

p5pb15681260.jpg

:)

Re:

I have a pretty much complete 9sp Deore Hollowtech set up you can have cheap. From memory it includes Crankset, V's, f + r mech and f + r shifter/levers. PM me if you need any of it.

Back