Looking for Rims for Shimano Deore XT WH-M765 wheels

joglo

Senior Retro Guru
Hi,
i do have an set of Shimano System wheels WH-M765 (Shimano Deore XT), most likely from 2005, but unfortunately both rims are damaged.

As i do like the style and reduced number of spokes i would like to repair them, but it isn't easy to find the specific rims with wholes at the side, or only for a lot of money.

Any help is appreciated to find proper rims or even entire wheel set (WH-M959 or WH-M965 with similar low number of spokes would be also fine, I do have WH-M575 too but those are pretty heavy) for an attractive price.
Shipping to Germany would be needed.

Thanks
Johannes

Attachments

• IMG_8995.JPG
    IMG_8995.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,627
Re:

I have a set of XTR M975 wheels but they just have regular spokes. They are superlight, but not cheap. I'm even going to be in Germany next week with work.

Re: Re:

development_cycle":1javc10m said:
I have a set of XTR M975 wheels but they just have regular spokes. They are superlight, but not cheap. I'm even going to be in Germany next week with work.
Hi, thanks for the offer, i‘m only looking for a similar shimano wheelset with this specific wheeldesign with reduced number of spokes, or replacement rims for mine.
The WH-M965 i was refering look like the picture below and other both mentioned wheelsets look similar.

Enjoy your time in Germany!

Attachments

• C1DAA417-BFA7-4B12-BADA-47BCF674299B.jpeg
    C1DAA417-BFA7-4B12-BADA-47BCF674299B.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,566
Hi development_cycle

I have always fancied a pair of these M975 - can you pm me photos and the 3 figure sum you would accept to part with them!

Re:

Hi, I have a wh-m765s wheelset, side hole straight pull spokes, brand new unused with the original shimano skewers.
They're a work of art.... no clue how much to ask for them if I were to let them go.

Thanks for your offer and sorry for delayed feedback. I've overseen your post, pls. apologize.
Actually i do have meanwhile another offer for a complete wh-m765 wheelset for ~100EURO and will go for this one as it's in a distance i can still check it and collect in person.
Just in case you're still wondering about the value of your wheelset, as yours is in unused condition you should not give it away for less then 150GBP in my opinion...

Thanks for bringing this up to my attention. Great stuff will see if i can get those.

joglo":3ijpdzgm said:
Just in case you're still wondering about the value of your wheelset, as yours is in unused condition you should not give it away for less then 150GBP in my opinion...

lol...... least I now know your price.....lol

Back