Wanted - K2 Razorback (circa 1998-2002)

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Oooops wrong section = can admin move it? Sorry

As the title says, I'm on the search for a K2 Razorback from between 1998-2002. Anyone got a frame or complete bike? Size medium or large considered. :xmas-wink:

Cheers
James

I've bought recently a Razorback Team SL.
I've bought it via Switzerland internet auction portal Ricardo.ch. Even if i live in south of Germany, this was not all easy, as Switzerland isn't in EU i had to pay taxes for importing it.
Actually for now i still think i want to keep it, it might be anyhow one of the latter ones, maybe even 2004 as it was build up originally with XTR 960 group.
I'm saying this rather to make you aware that i found meanwhile quite a lot of Razorbacks on sale in Switzerland e.g. like at Ricardo.ch or Tutti.ch. It seems that those local market places are more popular than for instance Ebay there.
Maybe this would be something which could work for you as well?
If you're heavily interested in my Razorback, let me know, maybe i will think about.
What i can potentially offer you is the specific rear shock. I have one of the special version of the Fox RP2 as extra spare part in good condition.

Regards

Johannes

Re:

For sure I’m interested & appreciate you posting your knowledge on my post from a while ago. Please PM me if your interested in selling. I’m still hunting / searching having found & then been unable to secure the seller to sell...

Also just interested to see what model you have... post some photos

Regards
James

Hi James,
I’m still in the cleaning and makeover phaseas I‘ve bought it not in best condition.
You can find a picture in a german Forum, directly once i got the big parcel.
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/der-pak ... t-15055135
It was originally equipped with nice stuff, Easton carbon parts, Fox and complete XTR 960, but some parts got replaced with crap.
I do have all things to complete XTR group incl. dual control (actually i like this, maybe as one of a few).
Unfortunately the nice Shimano 765 system wheels are both damaged. I need new rims which isn’t easy. For now i will replace it with all silver Mavic cross ride, maybe this looks also cool.
I hope to be soon done, just got fork and rear shock from service.
Will send you then another, better picture and will see if i have to keep it or not.

Just out of curiosity, for what reason your looking for this bike?

Regards

Johannes

Hi johannes

I’m interested as I used to own one from 1999-2008, I raced it on our team and loved its handling/ ride as a full sus. I had the Razorback RS (yellow) with rear air shock and always wanted the SL (white, red & blue). Additionally, our bike shop was a K2 dealer at the time so used to sell them too & maintain them. I’ve got various spare parts, bushes, levers etc.

Just got a genuine soft spot for them. Not very well know here in the UK. Our shop did a TV feature/ filming for K2 as well in 1999. If I find / buy it will be to ride and use regularly = happy days.

Cheers
James

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Good snatch, the white/red Razorback on Ebay. This seem to be also one of the older series.

Hey, while talking now with an good Razorback insider, do you have any more information about my Team SL?
I assume that quite some of the Razorbacks had been sold as Frame kit only and not as complete bike, because there are almost no similar ones. Is that right?
Have you seen another one similar to mine, with silver/bronze/yellow color (the rear triangle apart from carbon seat stays is bronze too)? I only found so far some 4.0 with similar design just green instead bronze.
Any idea about the model year?
Thanks
Johannes

Back