27.5 wheels, tyres or rims - SORTED

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Testing the water to see how much I'd be in for converting a bike to 27.5.

Anyone got any wheels or even rims available that would allow me to try without losing too much £ if I find out it isn't going to work.

Tyres also needed for the project.

Re:

I have a pair of wheels, DT240 hubs (QR, not convertible) with Halo Vapour rims and Pacenti tyres, all in good nick.
Yours for £200 posted.

Re:

Cheers for the offer, but outside my budget at present, especially if I find they won't fit. Going to try something at the weekend which should hopefully confirm.

Re: 27.5 wheels

I've got a set of WTB STI23 rims on Novatec hubs bolt thru front and rear, would be after around £100 if they're of use.

Re:

Still looking. I think after some testing I can get away with 27.5 wheels on the frame, so a wheelset would be preferable, that or rims and tires so I can build a set.

Re: 27.5 wheels, tyres or rims

have been going though the same thought process. I have a new pair of bontrager duster rims in black 32H sat in a box waiting in the shed, a nearly new pair of conti mountain king (2.4 I think?) and new tubes ready to go, just not got a frame to put them in yet so haven't built them onto hubs.

That lot stands me at about £75, so if you fancy building a pair onto your own hubs.... call it £40 for just the rims or £75 for the lot, plus whatever post cost is and you can take the problem away from me.

Re:

Thanks for the offer, I'll mull it over. What model are the duster hubs so I can read some reviews.

Re: 27.5 wheels, tyres or rims

rims, not hubs....

tis a good question. black ones is all I can recall just now. Black, white logos, offset spoke holes I think too. I will head into the shed and take some snaps to see if that helps identify them.

Back