26” steel hard tail

Timoth27

Senior Retro Guru
As the title really I’m thinking about building a steel hard tail and wondered what people’s thoughts where.
I want something that I can fit my 120mm shivers to (1 1/8 x 190mm) and can run disc at the back (the thought of going back to v’s gives me nightmares), I would like to be able to have a dropper post so atleast 27.2 seat post and I’ll be running hope bulb or big un wheels so qr or 12mm. I’m 6’1” so prob need at least 18”. I want something fun as It will be for going up and down hill so what do you think?????

Re: Re:

Timoth27":2lueoup8 said:
Sorry I’m looking for steel and unless I’m missing something that’s alu?
Thanks

Tim

The older Calderas are Kona double butted cromoly. Well at least my 99 is.

Attachments

• 20170821_162859-picsay.jpg
    20170821_162859-picsay.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 655
  • cromoly-picsay.png
    cromoly-picsay.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 655
Re:

Ok to be fair I dident go back that far on the Kona web site, Simon’s pm to me said his is 2006 which is alu and I went back to 2003 and still alu. Also have a feeling that yours doesn’t have disc mounts either, which personally are a must for me. Thanks for the info though it all helps me make an informed decision.

Re: 26" Steel hardtail

On-one Inbred? Apparently being discontinued (news, Oct 2017), but their website shows 20" in stock in black at the moment.
Meets your criteria and is a nice fun bike to ride.

Re:

Thanks mr Moss. I was about to pull the trigger on an inbred as they are currently discounted. But then a Santa Cruz chameleon came up on stw for about the same money and I kind a just found myself drawn to it ( I currently have a 97 heckler aswell) and apart from being the alu it fits what I was looking for. As for wanting a steel ht I still do but may just wait until I give in to the draw of a different wheel size and go for something like the dee dar although there seems to be much more choice at the 27.5” wheel size so who knows

Thanks for the input though,

Back