Black V brakes

Re:

Doh! No longer sorted. Still looking for some. £50 for a full set is too rich for me and i only need the brakes, not levers. Cheers

The SD Ti might be overkill tbh, I don't know much about the Ritchey. What sort of £ are you after as they are for a kids bike after all.

Probably too expensive for a kids bike, but thanks for the offer. I did find some sram 9.0 brakes I forgot I had, but haven't fitted these yet as it seems overkill using what was the top of the line sram offering on a kids 20 inch wheeled bike.

Re:

Clarks v-brakes are about £12 a set brand new in halfords. They're much better than most stock brakes on kids bikes which are pitifully thin forged things. There's more substance to the Clark's ones, and they don't tend to squeal.
Hope this helps.

Re:

Cheers, I'll have a look at those. The ones fitted to the bike aren't actually the usual rubbish made from tin foil but squeal nonetheless. I'll probably my throw on the 9.0 just to see if the squeal stops then consider sticking with them or finding some others more akin with the rest of the bike. Though if i could get a 9 speed rear wheel, I'd put 9.0 grip shifters and rear Mech on as well.

Back