Black V brakes

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I can't tune out the squeal on the brakes fitted to my son's bike, i believe it is due to the play in them despite being practically new. Looking for a set in black with no play when fitted. No need to be trick, but nothing low rent as that's what they will be replacing.

Re:

Ian, did you ever manage to source these? I was recently karma'd a brake for the build I was doing, and then my Dad gave me a box of spares and there was a (only one I'm afraid) set of black V brake arms in the box. Not sure they are anything special but I would happily send them to you for free to re-balance the karma, if you'd like to test out a theory re. the squealing you've got...?

Re:

That's mighty kind of you. I was hoping to source a full set, but having an alternative set to test whether it is the brakes themselves or something else would be great. I'll drop you a pm.

Re:

Thanks for the offer, i could fit m952, m970 or even xt as I've a few sets kicking about, but it's for a kids 20 inch wheeled bike so a bit overkill. It's a nice bike though, so not looking for cheap and nasty, just something decent enough to be fit and forget and squeal free.

I also have a number, one set I think of Avid single digit in black, not a full set unfortunately. For 20" wheels is it just any v brake arms, or like other kids bikes should hey be the smaller armed ones like you get on hybrids etc?

Re:

I'm happy to donate a pair taken from a Kona Smoke free of charge. I'm in Liverpool for collection as I won't be able to post.

Full set of NOS boxed complete deore calipers. Used but excellent matching levers. All in black.

Been saving these for a Nice black build but yours for £50 posted as that's what i paid.

Back