WTD: Rockshox SID 2003/2004 vintage

nparker

Retro Newbie
Wanting a set of 2003 or 2004 era Rockshox SID with 28mm stanchions and 80/63mm travel. They're for a build of a 24" wheeled bike for my son. The travel was adjustable internally to either 80mm or 63mm. Anyone got some lurking in the garage?

Re:

Are these any use to you:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/37025789@ ... 784866421/

Cosmetically great, fully functioning including the lock out. There is a small mark on one stanchion but aside from two very small pin pricks, you can't feel it by hand and it doesn't affect them. Holds air fine (dual air).

I also have a full internal service kit for them, though you shouldn't need to for a while as after i got them i did a basic service and oil change. They haven't been used since i bought them/serviced them.

I do also have a brand new CSU as well, but didn't swap this over as the current one works fine and it seemed a waste.

If of interest, let me know.

Cheers

Re:

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I think these might fit the bill perfectly. Could you possibly let me know the following so I can check:
1) There should be a serial number on them which will tell me the year
2) Could you measure the axle to crown length.

Do you have an idea of a price you'd like for them?

Thanks again

Nigel

Re:

The serial is: 01ha100345.

A2c is 460, measured from the centre of the crown down to approximately where the centre of the axle would be.

I'd let them go for £80 plus post, if you want the internal service kit, an extra £10. I may have some wiper seals as well, in fact i know i have some grey ones or some blue enduro ones as well. If you wanted the brand new CSU, I'd do it for £40 with the forks, going to list it for £50 shortly anyway.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

I'll take those with the service kit and CSU as it'll give me some flexibility as he moves up to 26 and larger frame sizes. Let me know what postage to GU8 5QW will be and how you prefer payment.

Many Thanks

Nigel

nparker":2nlemn7o said:
Hi Ian,

I'll take those with the service kit and CSU as it'll give me some flexibility as he moves up to 26 and larger frame sizes. Let me know what postage to GU8 5QW will be and how you prefer payment.

Many Thanks

Nigel
That's great. I think postage will be about £8 via myhermes. I take pride in packaging so they will be very well packaged. I don't like to send forks with the air inside as I've received a few in the past that have blown in transit (they were fox but i don't like to take chances). In transit the oil tends to move around so on receipt it might take a bit of time/use for the oil to make its way through the system properly before they are fully functional/as expected.

I'll include a new set of wiper seals as well, plus any other Sid spares i might have (can't promise i have many, but if i do....).

PayPal is preferable, either by friends/family or goods. If the latter, can you add 5% to cover fees.

My PayPal address is shawthing_99@yahoo.co.uk (there is an _ before the 99).

Let me have your address and I'll get posted tomorrow for you.

Ian

Back